Dive into the delightful and sometimes ridiculous world of the English language with words that start with ‘R’. This letter brings to the table a range of words that are not only rich in meaning but also have a humorous twist to them.
From words that roll off your tongue to those that make you raise an eyebrow, ‘R’ is a treasure trove of linguistic fun. Get ready to revel in the hilarity and uniqueness of these words, as we unveil funny words beginning with R, each accompanied by its own intriguing definition!
Funny Words That Start With R
Here is the list of the most important funny words that begin with the letter ‘R’ and their meanings;
- Rabble – a disorderly crowd; a mob.
- Raconteur – a person skilled in telling anecdotes.
- Ragamuffin – a person wearing tattered clothes.
- Rambunctious – uncontrollably exuberant; boisterous.
- Rampallian – a ruffian or scoundrel.
- Rapscallion – a mischievous person.
- Ratatouille – a vegetable dish; also connotes a jumble.
- Razzmatazz – elaborate activity or display designed to attract attention.
- Recondite – little known; abstruse.
- Redolent – strongly reminiscent or suggestive of something.
- Ribald – referring to sexual matters in a humorous way.
- Rigmarole – a lengthy and complicated procedure.
- Ripsnorter – something extraordinary or remarkable.
- Rococo – ornate or flamboyant in style.
- Rogue – a dishonest or unprincipled person.
- Roly-poly – short and plump; a type of pudding.
- Roustabout – an unskilled laborer.
- Rubicund – has a ruddy complexion.
- Ruckus – a disturbance or commotion.
- Ruffian – a violent person, especially involved in crime.
- Ruminate – to think deeply about something.
- Rumpus – a noisy disturbance.
- Runagate – a runaway or fugitive.
- Rusticate – to go to the countryside.
- Rabble-rouser – a person who stirs up the masses.
- Ragtag – untidy or disorganized.
- Rambunctious – unruly and high-spirited.
- Razzle-dazzle – noisy, showy, and exciting activity and display.
- Riffraff – disreputable or undesirable people.
- Rigadoon – a lively dance.
Explore More Funny Words: