Welcoming you to a whimsical world of words, the letter ‘W’ wields a wonderful array of witty and whimsical words that weave humor into our language.
From wacky to whimsical, these ‘W’ words are a window into the witty side of English. Wander with us on this whimsical journey as we explore 100 funny words that start with W, each with a wittily wonderful meaning!
Funny Words That Start With W
Here is the list of the most important funny words that begin with the letter ‘W’ and their meanings;
- Waddle – Walk with short, swaying steps.
- Waffle – To speak or write evasively.
- Waggish – Playful, humorous.
- Wallflower – Shy person at social events.
- Wanderlust – Strong desire to travel.
- Warble – Sing in a thrilling manner.
- Wassail – A festive drinking party.
- Watchword – A motto or slogan.
- Wayfarer – A traveler, especially on foot.
- Weasel – Sly or sneaky person.
- Wharf – A platform for loading ships.
- Whatnot – An unspecified minor thing.
- Wheedle – To coax or persuade cunningly.
- Wherewithal – The means or resources.
- Whimsical – Playfully quaint or fanciful.
- Whippersnapper – A young and inexperienced person.
- Whirligig – A toy that spins around.
- Whodunit – A mystery or detective story.
- Whoop – A loud, excited shout.
- Wibble – Unsteady, trembling movement.
- Widdershins – In a leftward or contrary direction.
- Wiggle – Move with short, quick movements.
- Willy-nilly – Whether one likes it or not.
- Windbag – A person who talks too much.
- Wingding – A lively or wild party.
- Wisecrack – A clever or sarcastic remark.
- Wistful – Having a feeling of vague longing.
- Wobble – Move unsteadily from side to side.
- Wonky – Shaky, unsteady, or unreliable.
- Woozy – Dizzy or unsteady.
Explore More Funny Words: