There’s a certain charm in the way words can tickle our funny bones, and the letter ‘T’ is a treasure trove of such linguistic gems. From tongue-twisters to terms that sound too whimsical to be true, ‘T’ brings a delightful mix of humor and whimsy to the English language.
So, let’s take a turn into the world of laughter and levity, as we explore funny words that start with T, each accompanied by a meaning that adds to their charm!
Funny Words That Start With T
Here is the list of the most important funny words that begin with the letter ‘T’ and their meanings;
- Tabefaction – wasting away or becoming emaciated.
- Tatterdemalion – a person wearing ragged clothing.
- Tchotchke – a small object or trinket, often decorative.
- Teetotaler – a person who abstains from alcohol.
- Telekinesis – moving objects with the mind.
- Temerarious – recklessly or foolishly bold.
- Tergiversate – to change repeatedly one’s attitude.
- Thalassic – relating to the sea.
- Thimblerig – a swindling or deceitful game.
- Threnody – a song or hymn of mourning.
- Tintinnabulation – the sound of ringing bells.
- Tittle – a tiny amount or part.
- Toady – a person who flatters for self-gain.
- Toboggan – a long, light, narrow vehicle, typically on snow.
- Tomfoolery – foolish or silly behavior.
- Tonsorial – relating to a barber or barbering.
- Toothsome – attractive or tempting, often about food.
- Torpid – mentally or physically inactive.
- Torqued – twisted or stressed.
- Toupee – a small wig or hairpiece.
- Towser – a large, rough dog.
- Tramontane – coming from the other side of the mountains.
- Transmogrify – to change in a surprising or magical manner.
- Troglodyte – a person considered to be reclusive, and backward.
- Trollop – a woman perceived as sexually disreputable.
- Trompe-l’oeil – art technique creating optical illusion.
- Trumpery – attractive articles of little value or use.
- Tub-thump – to promote something vigorously.
- Tumultuous – loud, excited, and emotional.
- Turophile – a connoisseur or lover of cheese.
Explore More Funny Words: