Exploring the English language’s quirky corners can be an exhilarating experience, especially when we delve into the less-traveled roads of the alphabet. The letter ‘X’, often seen as mysterious and exotic, offers a collection of words that are not only rare but also amusing in their sound and meaning.
Get ready to add an extra layer of excitement to your vocabulary, as we discover funny words that start with X, each providing a unique blend of humor and rarity!
Funny Words That Start With X
Here is the list of the most important funny words that begin with the letter ‘X’ and their meanings;
- Xanthic – Yellowish in color.
- Xanthous – Relating to a yellow hue.
- Xenial – Relating to hospitality.
- Xenodocheionology – Study of hotels.
- Xenogenesis – Producing offspring different from parents.
- Xenomania – An obsession with foreign things.
- Xenophile – A person who loves foreign cultures.
- Xenophobia – Fear of strangers or foreigners.
- Xerarch – Growing in dry environments.
- Xerophagy – Eating dry food, especially religious fasting.
- Xerophilous – Thriving in dry conditions.
- Xerophyte – A plant adapted to dry climates.
- Xerostomia – Medical term for dry mouth.
- Xerox – To photocopy, often used generically.
- Xeruses – Becomes dry (plural of xerus).
- Xiphias – Another term for a swordfish.
- Xiphoid – Shaped like a sword.
- Xoanon – Primitive wooden statue.
- Xylography – Art of wood engraving.
- Xyloid – Resembling wood.
- Xylology – Study of wood structure.
- Xylotomous – Wood-boring or wood-cutting.
- Xylophagous – Feeding on wood.
- Xylophone – Musical instrument with wooden bars.
- Xylopolist – Wood-seller.
- Xylorimba – Combination xylophone and marimba.
- Xylotherapy – Use of wood in therapy.
- Xyster – Surgical instrument for scraping bones.
- Xylophile – Someone who loves wood.
- Xylophilous – Attracted to or living in wood.
Explore More Funny Words: