The letter ‘Y’ may be near the end of the alphabet, but it’s certainly not the least when it comes to offering a dose of humor through language. It’s a letter that yokes together the youthful and the yesteryear, yielding a variety of words that are both funny and fascinating.
Let’s yield to our curiosity and yodel through a list of 100 funny words that start with Y, each with meanings that are as entertaining as the words themselves!
Funny Words That Start With Y
Here is the list of the most important funny words that begin with the letter ‘Y’ and their meanings;
- Yaffle – To eat or drink noisily.
- Yakety-yak – Non-stop chatty talk.
- Yammer – To complain or whine persistently.
- Yapok – A South American water opossum.
- Yarborough – Hand in bridge with no card above nine.
- Yawp – A harsh or hoarse cry or yelp.
- Yclept – Named or called (archaic).
- Yeasty – Frothy, bubbly, or unstable.
- Yegg – A burglar or safecracker.
- Yelm – A handful or bundle of straw.
- Yen – A strong desire or craving.
- Yenta – A gossip or busybody.
- Yeomanette – Female yeoman in the US Navy.
- Yesternight – The previous night.
- Yex – To hiccup or belch.
- Yiffy – In the furry community, sexual or flirtatious.
- Yikes – Expression of shock or surprise.
- Yippee – Expression of joy or excitement.
- Yobbery – Hooliganism or rowdy behavior.
- Yobbish – Uncouth or rowdy.
- Yogini – Female practitioner of yoga.
- Yomp – To march long and hard with heavy gear.
- Yonderly – Mentally or emotionally distant, absent-minded.
- Yoni – Symbolic representation of the female genitalia in Hindu art.
- Yooper – A native or resident of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- Yowl – A loud, wailing cry.
- Yoyo – A toy; also, a fickle or inconsistent person.
- Yperite – Another term for mustard gas.
- Yttrium – A silvery-metallic element, atomic number 39.
- Yuppy – Young urban professional.
Explore More Funny Words: