Time is a concept that governs our daily lives, helping us organize events and activities. It can be measured in various units, such as seconds, minutes, and hours. Understanding the vocabulary related to time can deepen one’s grasp of this universal concept.
Words Related to Time
Here are the top 30 terms related to time with meanings:
- Seconds: The basic unit of time, equal to 1/60 of a minute.
- Minutes: A unit of time, composed of 60 seconds.
- Hours: A unit of time, composed of 60 minutes.
- Days: A 24-hour period, signifying one rotation of the Earth.
- Weeks: A period of seven consecutive days.
- Months: A division of the year, roughly 30 or 31 days.
- Years: A unit of time, approximately 365 or 366 days.
- Decades: A period of 10 years.
- Centuries: A period of 100 years.
- Millennium: A period of 1000 years.
- Clock: A device for measuring time.
- Calendar: A system for organizing days, weeks, and months.
- Timeline: A representation of events in chronological order.
- Chronological: Arranged in order of time.
- Era: A long period of time marked by specific events.
- Epoch: A particular period of time in history or a person’s life.
- Duration: The length of time that something continues.
- Tempo: The speed at which something happens or is performed.
- Instant: A very brief moment of time.
- Eon: An indefinitely long period of time.
- Deadline: The final time by which something must be completed.
- Schedule: A plan for carrying out activities at specified times.
- Punctual: Being on time; not late.
- Tardy: Late; delayed.
- Timely: Occurring at a favorable or useful time.
- Seasons: Divisions of the year based on weather and daylight.
- Sundial: An ancient device for telling time using the sun’s shadow.
- Momentary: Lasting for a very short time.
- Interval: A period of time between events.
- Fleeting: Lasting for a very short time.
Explore More Related Words: