Meaning: an act of levying a tax, fee, or fine.
Plural of Levy
Levy as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The government imposed a new tax levy.
- She paid the annual property levy on her house.
- The company faced a hefty financial levy.
- The politician proposed a higher income levy.
- The court ordered a fine levy on the defendant.
- The city council discussed the garbage collection levy.
- The homeowner protested against the excessive levy.
- The budget included a special education levy.
- The new law introduced a carbon emissions levy.
- The company calculated the import levy on their products.
Levy as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The government implemented several tax levies.
- She paid all the outstanding property levies.
- The company faced multiple financial levies.
- The politicians debated the proposed income levies.
- The court issued heavy fines and levies on the defendants.
- The city council discussed various levies for public services.
- The homeowners organized a protest against the property levies.
- The budget allocated funds for different education levies.
- The new laws introduced multiple environmental levies.
- The company calculated the import and export levies on their goods.
Singular Possessive of Levy
The singular possessive form of “Levy” is “Levy’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Levy:
- The success of the company was Levy’s achievement.
- The responsibility falls on Levy’s shoulders.
- The decision was made by Levy’s team.
- The meeting was scheduled at Levy’s request.
- The strategy was devised by Levy’s experts.
- The book was authored by Levy’s favorite writer.
- The artwork was displayed in Levy’s gallery.
- The project was funded by Levy’s foundation.
- The house was built according to Levy’s specifications.
- The speech delivered by Levy’s representative was inspiring.
Plural Possessive of Levy
The plural possessive form of “Levy” is “Levies'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Levy:
- The levies’ contributions supported the community.
- The decisions were made collectively by the levies’ board.
- The funds were allocated by the levies’ committee.
- The improvements were suggested by the levies’ members.
- The policies were implemented by the levies’ administration.
- The proposals were reviewed by the levies’ council.
- The investments were managed by the levies’ financial advisor.
- The regulations were enforced by the levies’ authority.
- The initiatives were supported by the levies’ taxpayers.
- The projects were approved by the levies’ committee.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 09:45 pm