Meaning: go away from.
Plural of Leave
Leave as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He took a long leave from work to travel.
- She requested a sick leave from her boss.
- The soldier returned from a military leave.
- The teacher marked his leave on the calendar.
- The employee applied for a maternity leave.
- The boss granted him a well-deserved leave.
- She enjoyed her summer leave at the beach.
- The student received permission for an early leave.
- The company offers paid leave for new parents.
- The artist took a creative leave to explore new ideas.
Leave as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The workers were granted paid leaves for the holidays.
- They took their annual leaves during the summer.
- The company policy allows for two weeks of leave.
- The employees planned their vacation leaves in advance.
- The teacher extended the deadline due to unforeseen leaves.
- The workers requested personal leaves for family matters.
- The team organized a farewell party for the departing leaves.
- She saved up her vacation leaves for a trip abroad.
- They scheduled their leaves to coincide with each other.
- The office was quiet during the staff’s maternity leaves.
Singular Possessive of Leave
The singular possessive form of “Leave” is “Leave’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Leave:
- The suitcase belongs to leave’s brother.
- The note on the fridge was leave’s reminder.
- The keys were left in leave’s car.
- The responsibility falls on leave’s shoulders.
- The decision was ultimately leave’s.
- The success of the project was leave’s accomplishment.
- The letter was signed with leave’s name.
- The meeting was rescheduled at leave’s request.
- The gift was given by leave’s close friend.
- The story was inspired by leave’s experiences.
Plural Possessive of Leave
The plural possessive form of “Leave” is “Leaves'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Leave:
- The leaves’ colors changed in the autumn.
- The wind rustled the leaves’ branches.
- The sound of the rain hitting the leaves’ surface was calming.
- The pile of leaves’ raked up quickly.
- The beauty of the leaves’ arrangement impressed everyone.
- The fragrance of the leaves’ filled the air.
- The photographer captured the leaves’ vibrant hues.
- The texture of the leaves’ was smooth and glossy.
- The sunlight filtered through the leaves’ gaps.
- The trees stood tall with their leaves’ shimmer.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 09:45 pm