Meaning: they are named after the Latin word “gladius”, meaning sword.
Singular and Plural of Gladiolus
Gladiolus as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The colorful gladiolus stood tall in the flowerbed.
- She picked a single stem of purple gladiolus for the vase.
- The delicate beauty of the pink gladiolus captured everyone’s attention.
- The garden showcased a stunning variety of gladiolus.
- The red gladiolus added a vibrant touch to the floral arrangement.
- Each gladiolus flower opened up to reveal its intricate pattern.
- The yellow gladiolus brightened up the corner of the garden.
- He carefully trimmed the leaves around the white gladiolus.
- The orange gladiolus complemented the other flowers in the bouquet.
- We planted a row of gladiolus bulbs in the spring.
Gladiolus as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The garden was filled with rows of colorful gladioluses.
- She arranged a bouquet of mixed gladioluses for the centerpiece.
- The vibrant hues of the different gladioluses created a stunning display.
- We planted several gladioluses along the garden path.
- The florist offered a wide selection of fresh gladioluses.
- The tall stalks of the purple gladioluses swayed in the wind.
- The garden bed was adorned with a variety of blooming gladioluses.
- The red and yellow gladioluses added a pop of color to the landscape.
- The exhibition showcased a collection of rare and exotic gladioluses.
- She carefully arranged the long-stemmed gladioluses in a tall vase.
Singular Possessive of Gladiolus
The singular possessive form of “Gladiolus” is “Gladiolus’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Gladiolus:
- The beauty of gladiolus’s petals mesmerized everyone.
- The gardener planted gladiolus’s in the flower bed.
- The vase held a single stem of gladiolus’s.
- The tip of gladiolus’s spike was sharp.
- Gladiolus’s fragrance filled the garden.
- The plant’s height made gladiolus’s stand out.
- The arrangement highlighted the elegance of gladiolus’s.
- The gardener nurtured gladiolus’s with care.
- The botanist studied gladiolus’s growth patterns.
- The florist used gladiolus’s in the centerpiece.
Plural Possessive of Gladiolus
The plural possessive form of “Gladiolus” is “Gladioli’s”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Gladiolus:
- The garden displayed various colors of gladioli’s.
- The bouquet consisted of several gladioli’s.
- The florist arranged the gladioli’s in a pattern.
- The vase showcased the elegance of gladioli’s.
- Gladioli’s popularity as cut flowers increased.
- The gardeners admired the beauty of gladioli’s.
- The competition judged the quality of gladioli’s.
- The market offered different varieties of gladioli’s.
- The botanists researched the genetics of gladioli’s.
- The festival celebrated the blooming of gladioli’s.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 06:37 pm