Meaning: a flat paper container with a sealable flap.
Plural of Envelope
Envelope as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I sealed the letter in the white envelope.
- The envelope had my name and address written on it.
- The mail carrier delivered an important envelope to my doorstep.
- I put the invitation inside a decorative envelope.
- The post office provided various sizes of envelopes.
- The letter slipped out of the torn envelope during transit.
- The package contained a surprise gift in a padded envelope.
- The envelope was marked “Fragile, handle with care.”
- I licked the adhesive strip and sealed the envelope.
- The document was confidential and sealed in a secure envelope.
Envelope as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The secretary sorted through the stack of incoming envelopes.
- The office staff distributed the important documents in sealed envelopes.
- The post office employees processed thousands of envelopes
- The mailroom received a shipment of empty envelopes.
- The company ordered custom-printed business envelopes.
- The employees addressed and stamped the outgoing envelopes.
- The lost and found department held a collection of unclaimed envelopes.
- The correspondence team sorted the internal envelopes for distribution.
- The stationery store sold a variety of colored envelopes.
- The mailroom clerk organized the incoming envelopes by department.
Singular Possessive of Envelope
The singular possessive form of “Envelope” is “Envelope’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Envelope:
- The letter was tucked inside the envelope’s folds.
- The return address was written on the envelope’s corner.
- The postman delivered the envelope’s contents to the recipient.
- The envelope’s seal kept the contents secure.
- The sender’s name was written on the envelope’s front.
- The envelope’s size determined the postage cost.
- The greeting card fit perfectly inside the envelope’s dimensions.
- The ink smudged slightly on the envelope’s surface.
- The invitation’s details were printed on the envelope’s back.
- The recipient carefully opened the envelope’s flap.
Plural Possessive of Envelope
The plural possessive form of “Envelope” is “Envelopes’.”
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Envelope:
- The stack of envelopes’ sizes varied from small to large.
- The office organized the envelopes’ contents into different categories.
- The secretary labeled the envelopes’ according to their urgency.
- The mailroom sorted the envelopes’ alphabetically by the recipient’s name.
- The stack of envelopes’ awaited processing by the postal service.
- The wedding invitations filled multiple envelopes’ for different guests.
- The box contained various sizes and colors of envelopes’.
- The office supply store sold packs of envelopes’ in bulk.
- The post office offered different services for mailing the envelopes’.
- The delivery person handed out the envelopes’ to the recipients.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 09:12 pm