Meaning: a long, narrow ditch
Singular and Plural of Trench
Trench as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The workers dug a deep trench for the foundation.
- He fell into a muddy trench while walking through the construction site.
- The soldier hid in a narrow trench during the battle.
- The excavation revealed an ancient drainage trench.
- We laid the pipes inside the freshly dug trench.
- The archaeologists discovered artifacts in the ancient trench.
- The heavy rain filled the roadside trench with water.
- They built a protective cover over the open trench.
- The construction crew worked tirelessly to complete the trench.
- We followed the path of the old trench to explore the historical site.
Trench as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The soldiers dug multiple defensive trenches along the front line.
- The construction site was filled with workers digging new trenches.
- The heavy rainfall caused the nearby fields to flood the trenches.
- The archaeological team excavated several ancient trenches.
- The engineers reinforced the existing drainage trenches.
- The construction crew backfilled the open trenches.
- The battle strategy involved a network of interconnected trenches.
- The soldiers took cover in the muddy trenches during the bombardment.
- The field trip included a visit to the World War I trenches.
- The road construction required the digging of multiple trenches.
Singular Possessive of Trench
The singular possessive form of “Trench” is “Trench’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Trench:
- The depth of trench’s excavation surprised the workers.
- The construction workers dug trench’s for the pipes.
- The archaeologists explored trench’s for artifacts.
- The rainwater collected in the trench’s bottom.
- Trench’s purpose was to drain excess water.
- The workers reinforced trench’s walls for stability.
- The engineer designed trench’s to channel water.
- The soldiers took cover in trench’s during the battle.
- The diggers discovered fossils in trench’s layers.
- The maintenance crew inspected trench’s for damages.
Plural Possessive of Trench
The plural possessive form of “Trench” is “Trenches'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Trench:
- The construction site had multiple trenches’ for different purposes.
- The workers maintained the stability of trenches’ walls.
- The engineers designed the layout of trenches’ system.
- The rainwater drained into the trenches’ bottoms.
- Trenches’ depths varied depending on the project.
- The soldiers took cover in the network of trenches’.
- The archaeologists studied the artifacts found in the trenches’.
- The workers repaired the damages in the trenches’.
- The construction crew excavated the trenches’ with precision.
- The military used the trenches’ for strategic purposes.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 06:40 pm