Meaning: an instrument containing a magnetized pointer.
Plural of COMPASS
Synonyms of COMPASS
Compass as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The hiker used a compass to find their way through the dense forest.
- A reliable compass is a must-have tool for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The sailor relied on the compass to navigate the open sea.
- The scout demonstrated how to use a compass during the survival training.
- The explorer’s compass pointed north, guiding them on their journey.
- Without a functioning compass, it was challenging to determine the correct direction.
- The hiker followed the needle on the compass to stay on the right path.
- A digital compass provides accurate directional information in various environments.
- The adventurer had a backup compass in case the primary one failed.
- The geologist used a compass to map out the magnetic field in the area.
Compass as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The mariners relied on their compasses to navigate the treacherous waters.
- The explorers’ compasses helped them traverse the uncharted territory.
- The hikers’ compasses indicated they were heading in the wrong direction.
- The pilots double-checked their compasses before takeoff to ensure accuracy.
- The sailors adjusted their compasses to account for the magnetic variation.
- The mountaineers carried spare compasses in case of equipment failure.
- The navigators used their compasses to plot the course on the nautical chart.
- The geocachers relied on their GPS devices and compasses to find hidden treasures.
- The military personnel’s survival kits included reliable compasses.
- The backpackers’ compasses provided a sense of security in unfamiliar terrain.
Singular Possessive of Compass
The singular possessive form of “Compass” is “Compass’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Compass:
- The compass’s needle pointed northward.
- Compass’s accuracy is crucial for navigation.
- The hiker relied on the compass’s guidance in the wilderness.
- The map included a compass’s rose for orientation.
- The explorer carried a reliable compass’s instrument.
- We calibrated the compass’s dial for better precision.
- The sailor relied on the compass’s readings during the storm.
- The scout demonstrated how to use a compass’s declination adjustment.
- The geologist used a compass’s measurements to map the terrain.
- The adventurer’s survival kit included a reliable compass’s.
Plural Possessive of Compass
The plural possessive form of “Compass” is “Compasses'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Compass:
- The compasses’ needles pointed in different directions.
- Compasses’ accuracy is crucial for precise surveying.
- The expedition required multiple compasses’ for team members.
- The cartographer relied on accurate compasses’ measurements.
- The hikers carried their own compasses’ for navigation.
- We compared the readings of different compasses’ to ensure consistency.
- The sailors synchronized their compasses’ for coordinated navigation.
- The explorers used the compasses’ readings to plot their course.
- The geologists’ fieldwork involved using various compasses’ for geological mapping.
- The outdoor enthusiasts swore by the reliability of their trusted compasses’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 11:55 am