Meaning: grasshopper, cicada
Singular and Plural of Locust
Locust as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The buzzing sound signaled the presence of a locust.
- The farmer spotted a single locust in the field.
- The entomologist studied the behavior of the solitary locust.
- The hiker encountered a large locust on the trail.
- The gardener tried to protect the crops from the hungry locust.
- The child was fascinated by the vibrant colors of the locust.
- The biologist collected a specimen of the rare pink-winged locust.
- The photographer captured the image of a majestic locust.
- The naturalist observed the mating rituals of the male locust.
- The artist created a sculpture inspired by the graceful form of a locust.
Locust as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The fields were overrun by swarms of locusts.
- The farmers struggled to control the infestation of locusts.
- The villagers tried to scare away the invading locusts.
- The entomologists studied the migration patterns of the locusts.
- The plague of locusts devastated the crops in the region.
- The researchers monitored the movement of the swarm of locusts.
- The farmers used pesticides to eliminate the population of locusts.
- The locals organized a community effort to combat the locusts.
- The aerial spraying was done to control the spread of locusts.
- The government provided assistance to the farmers affected by the locusts.
Singular Possessive of Locust
The singular possessive form: “Locust’s”
- Locust’s beautiful wings caught my attention.
- I found Locust’s exoskeleton in the garden.
- The sound of Locust’s chirping filled the air.
- Locust’s favorite food is fresh green leaves.
- I saw Locust’s tracks in the sandy soil.
- The farmer sprayed insecticide on Locust’s crops.
- The researcher studied Locust’s mating behavior.
- Locust’s presence indicates a healthy ecosystem.
- A photo of Locust’s distinctive antennae amazed me.
- Kids marveled at Locust’s incredible jumping ability.
Plural Possessive of Locust
The plural possessive form: “Locusts'”
- The field was infested with Locusts’ swarms.
- We watched the dance of Locusts’ flight.
- The farmer’s crops were devastated by Locusts’ feeding.
- Locusts’ presence can threaten agriculture.
- Researchers studied Locusts’ swarming behavior.
- The community worked together to control Locusts’ spread.
- We observed the damage caused by Locusts’ appetite.
- Farmers protected their fields from Locusts’ invasion.
- Scientists monitored Locusts’ population movements.
- The government implemented strategies to combat Locusts’ infestation.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 11:45 am