Meaning: a large boat for transporting people
Singular and Plural of Ship
Ship as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The massive ship sailed across the ocean with ease.
- The captain maneuvered the ship through treacherous waters.
- The cargo ship transported goods from one continent to another.
- The luxury cruise ship offered a range of amenities and activities for passengers.
- The historic ship was a popular tourist attraction at the harbor.
- The naval ship patrolled the coast to ensure maritime security.
- The fishing ship returned to the harbor with a bountiful catch.
- The research ship explored the depths of the ocean to study marine life.
- The pirate ship hoisted the Jolly Roger flag and set sail for adventure.
- The war ship was equipped with powerful weapons and advanced technology.
Ship as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The harbor was filled with large cargo ships from different countries.
- The navy conducted exercises with multiple war ships in the open sea.
- The shipping company owned a fleet of merchant ships for international trade.
- The maritime museum displayed models of historic sailing ships.
- The dockworkers unloaded containers from the cargo ships with efficiency.
- The naval base housed several nuclear-powered ships.
- The pirates attacked multiple merchant ships along the trade routes.
- The navy held a ceremony to commission new naval ships.
- The fishing village relied on small fishing ships for their livelihood.
- The rescue team arrived with their rescue ships to aid the stranded passengers.
Singular Possessive of Ship
The singular possessive form of “Ship” is “Ship’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Ship:
- The captain guided ship’s course through the storm.
- I admired the size of ship’s cargo hold.
- Can you please check ship’s anchor for any damage?
- The beauty of ship’s design caught everyone’s attention.
- We marveled at ship’s speed as it glided across the water.
- The crew followed ship’s commands without hesitation.
- I complemented ship’s captain on his leadership skills.
- ship’s horn echoed through the harbor.
- The cleanliness of ship’s deck was impressive.
- ship’s voyage lasted for several months.
Plural Possessive of Ship
The plural possessive form of “Ship” is “Ships'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Ship:
- All of the ships’ cargo was unloaded at the port.
- The sailors took pride in the maintenance of the ships’ equipment.
- The room was filled with the sound of the ships’ engines.
- We marveled at the strength of the ships’ hulls.
- The fleet celebrated the ships’ successful mission.
- The museum displayed the artifacts from the ships’ voyages.
- We admired the scale of the ships’ operation.
- The guests enjoyed the tour of the ships’ cabins.
- The crew members prepared for the departure of the ships’.
- The sailors navigated the ships’ route with precision.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 05:25 pm