Meaning: 24th letter of the alphabet
Singular and Plural of X
X as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The letter X is the 24th letter of the alphabet.
- The x is a cross-shaped symbol.
- The x is often used to mark a location.
- The x is a variable in algebraic equations.
- The x in her name is pronounced like a “z.”
- The x represents a chromosome in biology.
- The word “xylophone” starts with the letter x.
- The phonetic symbol for the x sound is /ks/.
- The teacher wrote the letter x on the chalkboard.
- The x can be a symbol of multiplication.
X as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- There are three xes in the word “boxers.”
- The xes in “taxes” and “foxes” sound like “ez.”
- The xes at the end of the word “axes” indicate plural.
- The xes in her last name are pronounced like “iz.”
- The word “index” becomes “indices” with added xes.
- The xes in “oxes” and “mixes” make a long “e” sound.
- The xes in “fixes” and “boxes” sound like “iz.”
- The xes in “waxes” and “hexes” make a long “a” sound.
- The xes in “sixes” and “maxes” sound like “ez.”
- The xes in “fax” and “complex” are pronounced like “ks.”
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 10:17 am