Meaning: a sudden violent twist or pull.
Singular and Plural of Wrench
Wrench as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He used a wrench to tighten the bolt.
- The mechanic reached for his trusty wrench.
- She dropped the wrench and it rolled under the car.
- The plumber carried a toolbox with various wrenches.
- He needed a specialized wrench for that particular job.
- The wrench slipped from his hand and hit the floor.
- She tightened the pipe using a pipe wrench.
- The wrench was too heavy for her to lift.
- He loosened the nut with a monkey wrench.
- The car broke down, and he had to use a wrench to fix it.
Wrench as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They organized the wrenches by size and type.
- The toolbox was filled with different-sized wrenches.
- He reached for the set of metric wrenches.
- The mechanic grabbed a handful of adjustable wrenches.
- She needed a few more wrenches to complete the job.
- The toolbox rattled with various-sized wrenches.
- They hung the wrenches on the pegboard for easy access.
- The mechanic’s collection of antique wrenches was impressive.
- The toolbox was overflowing with rusty old wrenches.
- He carefully selected the appropriate set of wrenches.
Singular Possessive of Wrench
The singular possessive form of “Wrench” is “Wrench’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Wrench:
- The wrench’s handle was made of metal.
- I borrowed my neighbor’s wrench to fix the leak.
- Sarah tightened the bolt with the wrench’s grip.
- The mechanic’s favorite wrench was missing from his toolbox.
- The wrench’s size determined its usability.
- The weight of the wrench’s head affected its impact.
- The carpenter’s toolbox included a sturdy wrench.
- The plumber reached for his trusty wrench’s socket.
- Mark accidentally dropped the wrench’s ratchet mechanism.
- The adjustable wrench’s jaw could grip various sizes.
Plural Possessive of Wrench
The plural possessive form of “Wrench” is “Wrenches'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Wrench:
- The mechanics’ wrenches’ collection filled the entire shelf.
- We need to organize the workshop and sort the wrenches’ sizes.
- The construction workers used the wrenches’ handles to tighten the bolts.
- The garage’s wall displayed the wrenches’ shiny chrome.
- The box contained all the wrenches’ accessories.
- The maintenance crew relied on the wrenches’ versatility.
- The engineers required the wrenches’ durability for the project.
- The tool store restocked their inventory of wrenches’ socket sets.
- The mechanics’ team proudly showcased their wrenches’ precision.
- The assembly line workers returned the wrenches’ after their shift.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 10:35 am