Meaning: 25th letter of the alphabet
Singular and Plural of Y
Y as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The letter Y is the 25th letter of the alphabet.
- The y is a vowel in the word “myth.”
- The lowercase y looks like a small “u.”
- The y stands for “yes” in the binary system.
- The y in her name is pronounced like a long “e.”
- The y is a common consonant in English words.
- The word “yacht” starts with the letter y.
- The phonetic symbol for the y sound is /j/.
- The teacher wrote the letter y on the whiteboard.
- The y can sometimes function as a semivowel.
Y as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- There are three ys in the word “physiology.”
- The ys in “boys” and “toys” make the same sound.
- The ys at the end of the word “days” indicate plural.
- The ys in her last name are pronounced like “ees.”
- The word “candy” becomes “candies” with added ys.
- The ys in “journeys” and “pennies” sound like “eez.”
- The ys in “keys” and “plays” make a long “e” sound.
- The ys in “rays” and “says” sound like “aze.”
- The ys in “lays” and “stays” make a long “a” sound.
- The ys in “days” and “ways” sound like “ays.”
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 10:16 am