Meaning: a piece of furniture used as a surface for storage
Singular and Plural of Shelf
Shelf as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The books were neatly arranged on the shelf.
- The store employee restocked the empty shelf.
- The kitchen had a corner shelf for spices and condiments.
- The artist displayed their paintings on the gallery shelf.
- The library had a section dedicated to classic literature on the top shelf.
- The shopkeeper organized the products on the display shelf.
- The homeowner installed a floating shelf above the desk.
- The student reached for a book on the high shelf.
- The bookworm spent hours browsing the bookstore shelf.
- The gardener placed potted plants on the outdoor shelf.
Shelf as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The store had empty shelves due to high demand.
- The library stocked new books on the empty shelves.
- The supermarket’s shelves were filled with various products.
- The book lovers explored the bookstore’s well-stocked shelves.
- The carpenter built custom-made wooden shelves for the client.
- The storage room had rows of sturdy metal shelves.
- The homeowner decorated the living room with floating shelves.
- The store manager restocked the empty shelves with fresh produce.
- The display shelves showcased the latest electronic gadgets.
- The museum exhibited ancient artifacts on glass-encased shelves.
Singular Possessive of Shelf
The singular possessive form of “Shelf” is “Shelf’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Shelf:
- I placed the book on shelf’s topmost level.
- The dust accumulated on shelf’s wooden surface.
- My favorite item on the shelf’s display is the vase.
- The cat knocked over the shelf’s fragile figurines.
- I organized my books on shelf’s different sections.
- Shelf’s height is adjustable for customization.
- The picture frame leaned against shelf’s back wall.
- The label on shelf’s edge indicates its weight capacity.
- The sunlight cast a shadow on shelf’s lower shelves.
- I reached for the item on shelf’s middle shelf.
Plural Possessive of Shelf
The plural possessive form of “Shelf” is “Shelves'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Shelf:
- The library’s shelves’ contents cover a wide range of topics.
- I need to dust off the shelves’ surfaces.
- The antique store displayed the shelves’ collectibles beautifully.
- We rearranged the books on the shelves’ different levels.
- The carpenter built the shelves’ frames with precision.
- The store’s shelves’ arrangement follows a specific order.
- I stored my shoes in the shelves’ lower compartments.
- The child’s toys filled up the shelves’ available space.
- The supermarket restocked the shelves’ produce section.
- I labeled each of the shelves’ designated categories.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 05:26 pm