Meaning: a unit of weight equal to 2,240 lb, bulky
Singular and Plural of Ton
Ton as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The ton of bricks fell from the roof.
- She lifted a ton of weight at the gym.
- The ship’s cargo weighed a ton.
- He consumed a ton of ice cream at the party.
- The truck carried a ton of gravel for construction.
- The whale weighed several tons.
- The elephant’s weight exceeded a ton.
- The plane can carry several tons of cargo.
- He unloaded a ton of books from the truck.
- The gold bar weighed a ton.
Ton as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The factory produced several tons of steel.
- We need to order more tons of sand for the beach.
- They imported thousands of tons of wheat.
- The construction project required many tons of concrete.
- The storage facility can hold millions of tons of grain.
- They shipped out several tons of potatoes.
- The recycling plant processes tons and tons of paper.
- They harvested hundreds of tons of grapes.
- The company mined several tons of coal.
- The landfill received thousands of tons of waste.
Singular Possessive of Ton
The singular possessive form of “Ton” is “Ton’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Ton:
- The weight of the ton’s cargo required sturdy transportation.
- The value of the ton’s worth fluctuated with market prices.
- The efficiency of the machinery increased the ton’s production rate.
- The company measured the ton’s output for quality control.
- The shipment of the ton’s materials arrived on schedule.
- The operator carefully monitored the ton’s movement on the scale.
- The contract outlined the terms of the ton’s delivery.
- The truck driver safely transported the ton’s of goods.
- The crane lifted the ton’s of steel with precision.
- The economist analyzed the market impact of the ton’s fluctuating prices.
Plural Possessive of Ton
The plural possessive form of “Ton” is “Tons'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Ton:
- All of the tons’ weights were accurately measured.
- The factory processed the tons’ of raw materials daily.
- The scale displayed the combined weight of the tons’ cargo.
- The storage facility accommodated the tons’ of inventory.
- The shipping company handled the logistics for the tons’ of products.
- The industry relied on the tons’ of supplies for production.
- The market demand determined the price for the tons’ of goods.
- The freighter transported the tons’ of cargo across the ocean.
- The forklift efficiently moved the tons’ of merchandise.
- The mine produced the tons’ of minerals to meet demand.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 11:27 am