Meaning: a flat dish
Singular and Plural of Plate
Plate as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She placed the hot dish on the plate.
- The waiter brought a clean plate for the main course.
- The artist painted a colorful design on the plate.
- The ceramic plate was fragile.
- The server cleared the empty plate from the table.
- The chef garnished the dish on the plate.
- The fancy restaurant used elegant and stylish plates.
- She carefully stacked the plates in the cupboard.
- The decorative plate hung on the wall as artwork.
- The waitress served the meal on a silver plate.
Plate as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The waiter brought fresh plates for each course.
- The stack of clean plates was ready for use.
- The sound of clinking plates filled the busy restaurant.
- The caterers set up the buffet with rows of plates.
- The dishwasher cleaned the dirty plates efficiently.
- The dining table was set with fine china plates.
- The kitchen cabinets were filled with neatly stacked plates.
- The banquet hall had a collection of ornate and decorative plates.
- The potluck dinner required everyone to bring their own plates.
- The restaurant had a special offer of half-priced appetizers with any two main course plates.
Singular Possessive of Plate
The singular possessive form of “Plate” is “Plate’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Plate:
- The waiter cleared the plate’s leftovers from the table.
- I admired the design on the rim of the plate’s surface.
- The chef carefully plated the food on the plate’s edge.
- The waiter accidentally dropped the plate’s contents.
- The dishwasher scrubbed off the stains from the plate’s surface.
- The knife slipped off the plate’s edge and fell to the floor.
- I could still see the reflection of my face in the plate’s shiny surface.
- The server handed me a menu with the plate’s logo.
- The artist painted a beautiful landscape on the plate’s ceramic surface.
- The dinner guests were impressed by the elegance of the plate’s design.
Plural Possessive of Plate
The plural possessive form of “Plate” is “Plates'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Plate:
- The waiters cleared the plates’ leftovers from the table.
- I admired the designs on the rims of the plates’ surfaces.
- The chef carefully plated the food on the plates’ edges.
- The waiters accidentally dropped the plates’ contents.
- The dishwashers scrubbed off the stains from the plates’ surfaces.
- The knives slipped off the plates’ edges and fell to the floor.
- I could still see the reflections of our faces in the plates’ shiny surfaces.
- The servers handed me menus with the plates’ logos.
- The artists painted beautiful landscapes on the plates’ ceramic surfaces.
- The dinner guests were impressed by the elegance of the plates’ designs.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 10:15 am