Meaning: a living organism, tree
Singular and Plural of Plant
Plant as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The green plant thrived in the sunlight.
- The plant needs watering twice a week.
- The leafy plant added a touch of nature to the room.
- The tall plant cast a shadow on the wall.
- The delicate plant required careful handling.
- The flowering plant attracted butterflies and bees.
- The indoor plant brightened up the office.
- The plant grew steadily in the garden.
- The potted plant sat on the windowsill.
- The tropical plant flourished in the humid climate.
Plant as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The garden was filled with colorful plants.
- The horticulturist nurtured a variety of exotic plants.
- The lush plants created a vibrant landscape.
- The garden center offered a wide selection of potted plants.
- The park was adorned with blooming plants.
- The botanist studied the different species of flowering plants.
- The house was surrounded by fragrant plants.
- The community garden grew a diverse range of edible plants.
- The nursery specialized in selling young and healthy plants.
- The greenhouse was filled with thriving plants.
Singular Possessive of Plant
The singular possessive form of “Plant” is “Plant’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Plant:
- The plant’s leaves were vibrant green.
- I watered the plant’s soil every morning.
- The fragrance of the plant’s flowers filled the room.
- We admired the beauty of the plant’s blossoms.
- The gardener trimmed the plant’s branches carefully.
- The sunlight nourished the plant’s leaves.
- The cat knocked over the plant’s pot by accident.
- I marveled at the growth of the plant’s roots.
- The wind gently swayed the plant’s stems.
- The caterpillar feasted on the plant’s leaves.
Plural Possessive of Plant
The plural possessive form of “Plant” is “Plants'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Plant:
- The plants’ colors brightened up the garden.
- I watered all of the plants’ pots on the patio.
- The fragrance of the plants’ flowers wafted through the air.
- We admired the variety of the plants’ shapes and sizes.
- The gardeners pruned the plants’ branches for better growth.
- The sunlight nourished the leaves of the plants’ garden.
- The cats knocked over some of the plants’ pots while playing.
- I marveled at the complexity of the plants’ root systems.
- The wind gently swayed the stems of the plants’ flowers.
- The caterpillars feasted on the leaves of the plants’ garden.
Explore More Nouns Below:
Last updated on June 6th, 2023 at 10:14 am