Meaning: coming before all others in time or order; earliest; 1st.
Singular and Plural of First
First as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- First, let’s discuss the main topic of today.
- The first step is to gather all the necessary materials.
- He was the first person to arrive at the meeting.
- The first chapter of the book introduces the protagonist.
- She won the first prize in the art competition.
- The first day of school is always exciting.
- The first question in the quiz was quite challenging.
- First, we need to understand the basic principles.
- The first page of the document contains important information.
- The first rule of success is to never give up.
First as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The firsts in history often face great challenges.
- They are the firsts to achieve such a remarkable feat.
- The firsts in the competition will be awarded special prizes.
- They were the firsts to explore that undiscovered territory.
- The firsts in line will have the opportunity to enter.
- The firsts to arrive at the party get the best seats.
- The firsts in the race were incredibly fast and determined.
- They were recognized as the firsts to reach the summit.
- The firsts in the list will be given priority access.
- The firsts in the queue get early access to the event.
Singular Possessive of First
The singular possessive form of “First” is “First’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of First:
- The student received the highest grade in the class on the First’s test.
- I completed my First’s assignment with dedication and effort.
- The musician performed their First’s composition on stage.
- The author signed the First’s edition of their book.
- I experienced a sense of accomplishment after winning the First’s place.
- The artist exhibited their First’s artwork in a gallery.
- I cherished the memories of my First’s achievement.
- The athlete broke the world record in their First’s attempt.
- I proudly displayed the First’s trophy on the shelf.
- The chef prepared their First’s signature dish for the guests.
Plural Possessive of First
The plural possessive form of “First” is “Firsts'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of First:
- The students shared their academic Firsts’ with pride.
- I listened to the winners’ stories of their Firsts’ achievements.
- The musicians played their Firsts’ compositions in the concert.
- The authors signed copies of their Firsts’ novels at the book fair.
- I congratulated the team members on their Firsts’ places.
- The artists displayed their Firsts’ artworks in the gallery.
- I read about the pioneers’ Firsts’ in scientific discoveries.
- The athletes celebrated their Firsts’ records at the award ceremony.
- I admired the chefs’ unique culinary Firsts’.
- The explorers shared their adventurous Firsts’ with enthusiasm.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 11:52 am