Meaning: darkness, time to sleep
Singular and Plural of Night
Night as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The night was calm and peaceful.
- I couldn’t sleep well last night.
- The stars twinkled brightly in the night sky.
- He walked alone in the dark night.
- The owl hooted in the stillness of the night.
- The night air was filled with a sense of mystery.
- She gazed at the moonlit night through her window.
- The city skyline looked breathtaking at night.
- The night was cold, but the fire kept us warm.
- The silence of the night was broken by distant sirens.
Night as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The nights get colder as winter approaches.
- I enjoy stargazing on clear summer nights.
- The bustling streets come alive during the nights.
- We spent unforgettable nights camping in the mountains.
- The city never sleeps, even in the late nights.
- The nights were filled with laughter and joy.
- The stars shone brightly on those magical nights.
- We stayed up late during our college nights.
- The city’s nightlife is vibrant and exciting during the nights.
- The cool breeze refreshed us during the hot summer nights.
Singular Possessive of Night
The singular possessive form of “Night” is “Night’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Night:
- The stars shone brightly in the night’s sky.
- The owl hooted during the night’s silence.
- The moonlight illuminated the night’s pathway.
- The sound of crickets filled the night’s air.
- The darkness concealed the night’s secrets.
- The gentle breeze whispered through the night’s trees.
- The campfire provided warmth in the night’s chill.
- The city lights adorned the night’s skyline.
- The serenity of the night’s calmness brought peace.
- The thunderstorm interrupted the night’s tranquility.
Plural Possessive of Night
The plural possessive form of “Night” is “Nights’.”
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Night:
- The parties lasted until the early hours of the nights’.
- The owls hooted in unison during the nights’.
- The stars sparkled brightly across the nights’.
- The crickets’ chirping echoed through the summer nights’.
- The campfires provided warmth during the cool nights’.
- The city’s lights brightened the dark nights’.
- The travelers enjoyed the peacefulness of the starry nights’.
- The festival celebrated the cultural diversity of the nights’.
- The thunderstorms occasionally interrupted the quiet nights’.
- The nocturnal animals roamed freely on the moonlit nights’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 04:28 am