Meaning: van, wagon
Singular and Plural of Lorry
Lorry as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The lorry delivered a shipment of goods to the warehouse.
- The driver carefully maneuvered the lorry through narrow streets.
- The mechanic repaired the engine of the broken-down lorry.
- The company used a refrigerated lorry to transport perishable items.
- The driver honked the horn to alert pedestrians of the approaching lorry.
- The lorry driver followed the designated route on the map.
- The traffic jam was caused by a stalled lorry on the highway.
- The loading dock was busy with incoming and outgoing lorries.
- The company logo was painted on the side of the delivery lorry.
- The lorry driver took a break at a rest area to stretch his legs.
Lorry as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The highway was congested with multiple lorries during rush hour.
- The lorries lined up at the loading dock to unload their cargo.
- The fleet of delivery lorries covered a wide geographic area.
- The road was temporarily closed due to an accident involving two lorries.
- The drivers of the large lorries required special licenses.
- The logistics company invested in new lorries to expand its operations.
- The lorries transported construction materials to the building site.
- The city implemented regulations to limit the entry of heavy lorries.
- The company provided training programs for lorry drivers.
- The lorries were equipped with GPS for efficient route planning.
Singular Possessive of Lorry
The singular possessive form of “Lorry” is “Lorry’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Lorry:
- I borrowed Lorry’s toolbox for the project.
- Lorry’s engine started making strange noises.
- The color of Lorry’s paint caught my attention.
- We need to fix Lorry’s flat tire immediately.
- The driver checked Lorry’s fuel gauge before departing.
- I admire Lorry’s sleek design and powerful engine.
- Lorry’s cargo area can hold a large amount of goods.
- The mechanic inspected Lorry’s brake system thoroughly.
- Lorry’s headlights illuminated the dark road ahead.
- We installed GPS in Lorry’s cabin for navigation purposes.
Plural Possessive of Lorry
The plural possessive form of “Lorry” is “Lorries'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Lorry:
- All the lorries’ engines were running smoothly.
- The company upgraded the lorries’ suspension system.
- Lorries’ cargo capacity increased after the modifications.
- The drivers checked the lorries’ tire pressure before departure.
- The paint colors of the lorries’ exteriors varied.
- We added GPS systems to the lorries’ dashboards.
- The company invested in improving the lorries’ fuel efficiency.
- Lorries’ headlights provided ample visibility on the road.
- The fleet manager monitored the lorries’ maintenance schedules.
- We loaded the lorries’ cargo carefully to avoid damage.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 11:46 am