Meaning: injury, fall
Singular and Plural of Loss
Loss as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The sudden loss of a loved one left her devastated.
- The team experienced a disappointing loss in the championship game.
- The stock market crash resulted in significant financial losses.
- The company reported a quarterly loss in its earnings statement.
- The athlete’s injury was a major loss for the team.
- The insurance policy covered the loss of personal belongings.
- The business owner sought advice on minimizing potential losses.
- The professor discussed the concept of opportunity loss in economics.
- The fire caused extensive property damage and financial loss.
- The detective investigated the loss of valuable artwork from the museum.
Loss as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The losses incurred during the economic downturn were substantial.
- The investors faced significant financial losses in the stock market.
- The insurance company compensated the policyholders for their losses.
- The team reviewed the game footage to analyze their losses.
- The company implemented cost-cutting measures to mitigate the losses.
- The entrepreneur learned valuable lessons from past business losses.
- The war resulted in immeasurable human losses.
- The organization provided counseling services for families dealing with losses.
- The shareholders expressed concern over the company’s continuous losses.
- The report highlighted the economic impact of natural disaster losses.
Singular Possessive of Loss
The singular possessive form of “Loss” is “Loss’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Loss:
- The company was impacted by Loss’s poor financial decisions.
- I sympathize with Loss’s personal struggles.
- We discussed Loss’s impact on the team’s morale.
- Loss’s sudden departure surprised everyone.
- The board reviewed Loss’s performance over the quarter.
- The CEO addressed Loss’s concerns during the meeting.
- The team analyzed Loss’s contribution to the project.
- We need to address Loss’s behavior in the workplace.
- The stakeholders were affected by Loss’s actions.
- The company assessed Loss’s potential for recovery.
Plural Possessive of Loss
The plural possessive form of “Loss” is “Losses'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Loss:
- The shareholders suffered from the losses’ impact on stock prices.
- We evaluated the losses’ effects on the company’s finances.
- The team brainstormed strategies to minimize losses’ occurrence.
- Losses’ consequences affected multiple departments.
- The report highlighted the causes of the losses’ increase.
- We implemented measures to mitigate future losses’.
- The investors questioned the management’s handling of losses’.
- The company’s reputation was tarnished by the losses’ publicity.
- We need to analyze the patterns behind the losses’ fluctuations.
- The board discussed the allocation of resources to address losses’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 11:47 am