Meaning of Bar
The meaning of BAR is: a counter in a pub, restaurant, or cafe across which drinks or refreshments are served.
Singular and Plural of Bar
The plural of Bar is bars.
Bar as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I sat at the bar and ordered a drink.
- The bartender wiped the counter of the bar.
- He leaned against the bar and chatted with friends.
- The bar was filled with laughter and music.
- I enjoyed a cocktail at the rooftop bar.
- The sports bar had several large TVs for games.
- The wooden bar had a rustic charm.
- She worked as a bartender behind the bar.
- I saw him at the juice bar in the morning.
- The hotel had a luxurious lounge bar.
Bar as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They visited several bars in the city.
- The neighborhood had many lively bars.
- We had a great time hopping between bars.
- The pub crawl took us to different bars.
- They enjoyed live music at the local bars.
- The city center was filled with bustling bars.
- The group gathered at various rooftop bars.
- The city had a vibrant nightlife with numerous bars.
- We had a drink at each of the beachside bars.
- The guide recommended some hidden gem bars.
Singular Possessive of Bar
The singular possessive form of “Bar” is “Bar’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Bar:
- The bartender served drinks at the bar’s counter.
- The musician performed live music at the bar’s stage.
- The detective found a clue near the bar’s entrance.
- The customers enjoyed the cozy atmosphere of the bar’s interior.
- The owner renovated the bar’s exterior to attract more patrons.
- The manager hired a security guard to ensure the bar’s safety.
- The chef prepared delicious snacks for the bar’s menu.
- The patrons celebrated New Year’s Eve at the bar’s party.
- The comedian entertained the audience with jokes at the bar’s comedy night.
- The bartender recommended the bar’s signature cocktail.
Plural Possessive of Bar
The plural possessive form of “Bar” is “Bars'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Bar:
- The bartenders mixed drinks at the bars’ counters.
- The musicians performed live music at the bars’ stages.
- The detectives found clues near the bars’ entrances.
- The customers enjoyed the unique atmospheres of the bars’ interiors.
- The owners renovated the bars’ exteriors to attract more patrons.
- The managers hired security guards to ensure the bars’ safety.
- The chefs prepared delicious snacks for the bars’ menus.
- The patrons celebrated New Year’s Eve at the bars’ parties.
- The comedians entertained the audience with jokes at the bars’ comedy nights.
- The bartenders recommended the bars’ signature cocktails.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 06:00 am