Meaning of Ant
The meaning of Ant is; a small insect typically having a sting and living in a complex social colony with one or more breeding queens.
Singular ant Plural of Ant
The plural of Ant is ants.
Ant as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The tiny ant carried a large crumb on its back.
- The ant crawled along the kitchen countertop.
- She observed the busy trail of the marching ant.
- The child watched an ant carry food to its nest.
- The ant disappeared into a small crack in the wall.
- The picnic was interrupted by an invasion of ants.
- The scientist studied the behavior of the worker ant.
- The ant diligently searched for food in the garden.
- The child drew a picture of an industrious ant.
- The magnifying glass revealed the intricate details of the ant.
Ant as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The picnic was disrupted by a swarm of ants.
- The garden was infested with pesky ants.
- The researcher observed the interactions between two colonies of ants.
- They set up traps to control the population of ants.
- The kitchen was invaded by a line of marching ants.
- The ants carried away the fallen crumbs from the picnic.
- The child marveled at the intricate tunnels created by the worker ants.
- The exterminator was called to eradicate the pesky ants.
- The scientist studied the social structure of the ants.
- The ants swarmed over the discarded food.
Singular Possessive of Ant
The singular possessive form of “Ant” is “Ant’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Ant:
- The ant’s trail led to the food source.
- I found the ant’s nest under the rock.
- Don’t step on the ant’s path.
- The sugar attracted the ant’s attention.
- I watched the ant’s movements with fascination.
- The child was fascinated by the ant’s behavior.
- The ant’s bite left a small mark on my arm.
- The ant’s strength is impressive for its size.
- The ant’s colony is well-organized and efficient.
- I observed the ant’s teamwork in carrying food.
Plural Possessive of Ant
The plural possessive form of “Ant” is “Ants'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Ant:
- The ants’ trails crisscrossed the garden.
- I accidentally stepped on the ants’ anthill.
- The picnic was invaded by the ants’ presence.
- The children were fascinated by the ants’ teamwork.
- The food crumbs attracted the attention of the ants’ colony.
- We need to get rid of the ants’ nest near the house.
- The ants’ bites can cause irritation and itching.
- The garden was overrun by the ants’ invasion.
- The scientists studied the behavior of the ants’ society.
- The ants’ strength allows them to carry heavy loads.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 11:55 am