Meaning: the solid mineral material that makes up portion of the earth’s surface
Singular and Plural of Rock
Rock as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The hiker stood on top of the tall rock.
- He skipped a small rock across the pond.
- The climbers scaled the steep granite rock.
- The artist sculpted a beautiful statue from a single rock.
- The waves crashed against the rugged rock formations.
- The mountain is composed of solid rock.
- She found a fossil embedded in the ancient rock.
- The cave was hidden beneath a massive rock.
- The children played hide-and-seek among the boulders of the rock.
- The erosion shaped the coastal rock into unique formations.
Rock as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The climbers conquered challenging rocks in the Himalayas.
- They collected colorful pebbles from the riverbed rocks.
- The geologists studied the layers of sedimentary rocks.
- The mountain range is known for its towering rocks.
- The climbers navigated the treacherous cliffside rocks.
- The beach was littered with smooth and rounded rocks.
- The hikers admired the breathtaking views from the summit rocks.
- The archaeologists discovered ancient paintings on cave rocks.
- The waves crashed against the jagged coastal rocks.
- The quarry provided high-quality building rocks.
Singular Possessive of Rock
The singular possessive form of “Rock” is “Rock’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Rock:
- The hiker examined the Rock’s texture.
- We discovered a fossil on Rock’s surface.
- Can you feel the warmth of Rock’s sun-exposed side?
- The artist carved a sculpture from Rock’s solid material.
- Rock’s formation dates back millions of years.
- The geologist analyzed the composition of Rock’s layers.
- The climber scaled Rock’s steep face.
- Rock’s weight made it difficult to carry.
- The researcher studied the impact of erosion on Rock’s shape.
- Rock’s durability makes it a suitable building material.
Plural Possessive of Rock
The plural possessive form of “Rock” is “Rocks'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Rock:
- The trail was littered with Rocks’ fragments.
- We collected different Rocks’ specimens for our collection.
- The quarry workers extracted the Rocks’ for construction.
- Can you feel the vibrations when Rocks’ collide?
- The artist painted beautiful landscapes with various Rocks’ colors.
- Rocks’ shapes were shaped by natural forces.
- The children skipped Rocks’ across the water.
- The scientists analyzed the composition of different Rocks’.
- We studied the geological history of the Rocks’ in the area.
- Rocks’ resistance to weathering makes them long-lasting.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 11:55 am