Meaning of Alley
The meaning of Alley is a narrow passageway between or behind buildings.
Singular and Plural of Alley
The plural of Alley is alleyes.
Alley as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She walked through a narrow alley between buildings.
- The cat disappeared into the dark alley.
- She found a hidden alley that led to a garden.
- The graffiti-covered walls lined the alley.
- The detectives pursued the suspect through the alley.
- The garbage cans were placed in the back alley.
- She stumbled upon a charming cobblestone alley.
- The old town had many picturesque alleys.
- She ran down the deserted alley to escape.
- The alley was dimly lit and filled with mystery.
Alley as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The city had many narrow alleys to explore.
- The alleys were filled with market stalls.
- The cats roamed freely in the winding alleys.
- The neighborhood had well-maintained residential alleys.
- The children played games in the quiet alleys.
- The delivery trucks navigated through the narrow alleys.
- The shops lined both sides of the bustling alleys.
- They walked hand in hand down the charming alleys.
- The maze of alleys confused the tourists.
- The locals knew secret shortcuts through hidden alleys.
Singular Possessive of Alley
The singular possessive form of “Alley” is “Alley’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Alley
- I found a cat in the alley’s shadows.
- The alley’s entrance was hidden behind the buildings.
- The dumpster was located in the alley’s corner.
- I heard a noise coming from the alley’s end.
- The detective discovered a clue in the alley’s darkness.
- The graffiti covered the walls of the alley’s walls.
- The police officer patrolled the alley’s length.
- The homeless man slept in the alley’s doorway.
- The delivery truck parked in the alley’s narrow space.
- I walked through the alley’s narrow path.
Plural Possessive of Alley
The plural possessive form of “Alley” is “Alleys'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Alley
- The cats roamed freely in the alleys’ corners.
- The graffiti artists decorated the alleys’ walls.
- The homeless sought shelter in the alleys’ nooks.
- The city’s maintenance crew cleaned the alleys’ trash.
- The rats scurried through the alleys’ darkness.
- The delivery drivers parked their trucks in the alleys’ spaces.
- The neighborhood association organized events in the alleys’ intersections.
- The detective investigated the crimes committed in the alleys’ vicinity.
- The residents complained about the noise echoing in the alleys’ passages.
- The children played games in the alleys’ hidden corners.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 07:02 am