Meaning: an instrument with two movable arms, use to pick things
Singular and Plural of Tongs
Tongs as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The tongs is used to grip hot objects.
- Please pass me the tongs to flip the steak.
- The chef held the tongs firmly in his hand.
- I need a pair of tongs to pick up the coal.
- The metal tongs were coated with a non-stick material.
- He dropped the tongs and burned his hand.
- The long-handled tongs reached the back of the grill.
- The barbecue master skillfully handled the tongs.
- She used the tongs to extract the toast from the toaster.
- The scissor-like tongs were perfect for salad tossing.
Tongs as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The tongs are essential tools in the kitchen.
- These tongs are used for grilling vegetables.
- The chef’s collection of tongs was impressive.
- We need to buy new tongs for the barbecue.
- The set of stainless steel tongs came in different sizes.
- He stored the tongs in a drawer next to the oven.
- The metal tongs were durable and easy to clean.
- The grill master grabbed the tongs and flipped the burgers.
- The serving tray was accompanied by a pair of tongs.
- She handed me the salad bowl and the tongs.
Singular Possessive of Tongs
The singular possessive form of “Tongs” is “Tongs’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Tongs:
- The grip of the tongs’s handles was comfortable and secure.
- The chef used the tongs’s to flip the steak on the grill.
- The scorch marks on the tongs’s surface revealed frequent use.
- The length of the tongs’s arms provided a safe distance from heat.
- The baker held the tongs’s to retrieve the freshly baked bread.
- The host handed the salad bowl using the tongs’s for serving.
- The chef’s collection included a variety of tongs’s for different purposes.
- The barbecue enthusiast showcased the tongs’s durability during cooking.
- The sushi chef skillfully used the tongs’s to arrange delicate ingredients.
- The caterer’s toolbox contained the essential tongs’s for food preparation.
Plural Possessive of Tongs
The plural possessive form of “Tongs” is “Tongs'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Tongs:
- All of the tongs’ grips were insulated for heat protection.
- The kitchen displayed a range of tongs’ sizes and styles.
- The grill master’s tools included the tongs’ for easy handling.
- The restaurant’s chef relied on the tongs’ versatility in the kitchen.
- The baker’s shelves held an assortment of tongs’ for baking needs.
- The caterer’s collection of tongs’ ensured efficient food service.
- The barbecue competition showcased the contestants’ tongs’ skills.
- The kitchen staff appreciated the tongs’ reliability and durability.
- The culinary school taught proper usage of the tongs’ in food preparation.
- The grill station required multiple pairs of tongs’ for simultaneous cooking.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 11:28 am