Meaning: a round root with white or cream flesh
Singular and Plural of Turnip
Turnip as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She added a diced turnip to the soup.
- The roasted turnip had a slightly sweet flavor.
- They harvested a large and fresh turnip from the garden.
- The turnip provided a nice crunch to the stir-fry.
- She made a creamy mashed turnip as a side dish.
- He sliced the raw turnip to use in a salad.
- They pickled the turnip for a tangy condiment.
- Turnip greens are nutritious and can be cooked.
- The earthy taste of the boiled turnip complemented the main course.
- She grated the turnip to use in a coleslaw recipe.
Turnip as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They harvested a basketful of fresh turnips from the field.
- The market sold bundles of vibrant purple and white turnips.
- They roasted the seasoned turnips with other root vegetables.
- The soup recipe called for diced turnips.
- They pickled the surplus turnips for future use.
- She made a colorful salad with sliced raw turnips.
- They sautéed the turnips with garlic and butter.
- The farmers grew different varieties of turnips.
- The restaurant featured a dish that highlighted roasted turnips.
- They prepared a hearty stew with chunks of tender turnips.
Singular Possessive of Turnip
The singular possessive form of “Turnip” is “Turnip’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Turnip:
- The sweetness of the turnip’s flesh added flavor to the dish.
- I enjoyed the crunchiness of the turnip’s texture in salads.
- The turnip’s root provided a rich source of nutrients.
- The cultivation of turnip’s required well-drained soil and adequate sunlight.
- We analyzed the turnip’s growth stages for optimal harvest time.
- The researchers studied the effects of different growing conditions on turnip’s yield.
- The turnip’s outer skin protected the vegetable from damage.
- The turnip’s availability varied based on seasonal harvests.
- The team evaluated the turnip’s potential for culinary and medicinal uses.
- We observed variations in the sizes and colors of different turnip’s varieties.
Plural Possessive of Turnip
The plural possessive form of “Turnip” is “Turnips'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Turnip:
- The flavors of different turnips’ varied from sweet to spicy.
- We compared the nutritional content of various turnips’.
- The researchers analyzed the yields of different turnips’ cultivars.
- The turnips’ growth cycles influenced their market availability.
- The versatility of different turnips’ made them suitable for various culinary dishes.
- We studied the storage techniques for preserving harvested turnips’.
- The team evaluated the impacts of climate on turnips’ growth and quality.
- The turnips’ root structure facilitated nutrient absorption from the soil.
- The turnips’ leafy greens were nutritious and could be used in cooking.
- We observed differences in the flavors and textures of various turnips’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 06:56 pm