Meaning of Half
The meaning of Half is either two equal or corresponding parts into which something is or can be divided.
Plural of Half
Synonyms of Half
- fifty percent
Half as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He ate half of the pizza and saved the rest for later.
- The recipe called for half a cup of sugar.
- She cut the sandwich in half and shared it with her friend.
- They split the prize money evenly, each receiving half.
- Half of the room was filled with sunlight.
- The teacher asked the students to fold the paper in half.
- He paid half the price of the ticket.
- They agreed to meet halfway between their homes.
- The glass was half
- She spent half the day exploring the city.
Half as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They shared their snacks and traded halfs.
- The team won three out of the four halfs.
- The cake was divided into equal halfs.
- They each took responsibility for different halfs of the project.
- The twins were identical in all halfs except for their hair color.
- The runners reached the halfway point and continued the race.
- The bookshelf was split into two halfs.
- The painter painted two different halfs of the same landscape.
- The hotel room had a dividing wall that created two separate halfs.
- The group divided into halfs for the debate.
Singular Possessive of Half
The singular possessive form of “Half” is “Half’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Half:
- She was amazed by the half’s size of the cake slice.
- He examined the half’s texture before taking a bite.
- The artist painted the half’s reflection in the mirror.
- They shared the half’s weight of carrying the heavy box.
- She enjoyed the half’s tranquility of the secluded beach.
- The gardener admired the half’s symmetry of the flower.
- He appreciated the half’s shade of the setting sun.
- The hiker rested in the half’s shade of the tall tree.
- She marveled at the half’s beauty of the moonlit sky.
- They divided the half’s responsibility of completing the project.
Plural Possessive of Half
The plural possessive form of “Half” is “Halves'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Half:
- The baker displayed the cake halves’ decorative icing.
- The recipe called for the halves’ equal portions of the ingredients.
- They compared the shoe halves’ sizes before making a purchase.
- The referee signaled the soccer players to switch halves’ sides.
- She highlighted the book halves’ contrasting themes in her analysis.
- They shared the halves’ responsibility of organizing the event.
- The magician revealed the trick behind the halves’ separation and rejoining.
- The scientist studied the cell halves’ genetic differences.
- The farmer harvested the fruit halves’ ripe and unripe.
- She displayed the jewelry halves’ intricate designs in the showcase.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 03:57 pm