The meaning of Handkerchief is a square of cotton or other finely woven material intended for wiping one’s nose.
Plural of Handkerchief
Synonyms of Handkerchief
Handkerchief as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He wiped his forehead with a damp handkerchief.
- The embroidered handkerchief was a sentimental gift.
- She kept a handkerchief in her purse for emergencies.
- The lace-trimmed handkerchief added a touch of elegance.
- He blew his nose into the handkerchief.
- The monogrammed handkerchief belonged to his grandfather.
- She unfolded the scented handkerchief and took a deep breath.
- The silk handkerchief was delicate and luxurious.
- He offered her his handkerchief when she started crying.
- The colorful handkerchief peeked out of his pocket.
Handkerchief as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- She bought several embroidered handkerchiefs as souvenirs.
- The handkerchiefs were neatly folded in a drawer.
- They distributed scented handkerchiefs as party favors.
- The lace-trimmed handkerchiefs were on display at the boutique.
- He carried a set of monogrammed handkerchiefs with him.
- The vintage handkerchiefs were a collector’s item.
- They embroidered their initials on the corner of the handkerchiefs.
- The embroidered floral patterns adorned the cotton handkerchiefs.
- She used the soft cotton handkerchiefs to wipe away tears.
- The antique shop sold a variety of delicate lace handkerchiefs.
Singular Possessive of Handkerchief
The singular possessive form of “Handkerchief” is “Handkerchief’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Handkerchief:
- She embroidered her initials on the handkerchief’s corner.
- He wiped his tears with the handkerchief’s soft fabric.
- The woman lost her favorite handkerchief’s lace border.
- The gentleman used the handkerchief’s edge to clean his glasses.
- She unfolded the handkerchief’s delicate pattern with care.
- The bride held the handkerchief’s embroidered edge during the ceremony.
- He found comfort in the handkerchief’s familiar scent.
- The antique dealer appraised the handkerchief’s age and value.
- She pressed the handkerchief’s silky texture against her cheek.
- The artist painted a still life featuring a colorful handkerchief’s fold.
Plural Possessive of Handkerchief
The plural possessive form of “Handkerchief” is “Handkerchiefs'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Handkerchief:
- They embroidered their initials on the handkerchiefs’ corners.
- The laundry service returned the clean handkerchiefs’ neatly folded.
- The store offered a discount on the handkerchiefs’ monogramming service.
- She collected antique handkerchiefs’ intricate designs.
- He bought a set of embroidered handkerchiefs’ for his mother.
- The bride’s maids carried lace-trimmed handkerchiefs’ during the wedding.
- The designer showcased a collection of silk handkerchiefs’ in various colors.
- The auction featured rare and valuable handkerchiefs’ from different eras.
- They packaged the scented handkerchiefs’ in a gift box.
- The tailor sewed the initials onto the handkerchiefs’ corners with precision.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 03:56 pm