Meaning: a fertile spot in a desert
Singular and Plural of Oasis
Oasis as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The weary travelers found refuge in the oasis.
- The palm trees provided shade in the scorching oasis.
- The heat was intense outside the oasis.
- They discovered a hidden oasis in the desert.
- The oasis was a source of water for the nomadic tribe.
- The explorer documented the flora and fauna of the oasis.
- The travelers rested near the crystal-clear spring in the oasis.
- The sand dunes surrounded the lush greenery of the oasis.
- The camels grazed on the grass in the oasis.
- The shimmering pool was the centerpiece of the oasis.
Oasis as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They trekked through several desert oases.
- The expedition explored remote oases in the Sahara.
- The caravan resupplied at the isolated oases along the route.
- The oases provided a welcome respite for the travelers.
- The desert is dotted with hidden oases.
- The nomads knew the locations of the secret oases.
- The guide pointed out the different types of plants found in the oases.
- The region is known for its picturesque oases.
- The settlers established communities near the fertile oases.
- The explorers marveled at the biodiversity of the desert oases.
Singular Possessive of Oasis
The singular possessive form of “Oasis” is “Oasis’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Oasis:
- We took shelter under the oasis’s palm trees during the scorching heat.
- The sand dunes surrounded the oasis’s tranquil pool of water.
- The traveler found solace in the shade of the oasis’s large rock formation.
- The birds chirped cheerfully in the oasis’s serene atmosphere.
- The beauty of the oasis’s landscape left us in awe.
- The tents were set up near the oasis’s refreshing water source.
- The explorer admired the oasis’s unique flora and fauna.
- We rested by the oasis’s edge, enjoying the cool breeze.
- The guide told us fascinating stories about the oasis’s historical significance.
- The oasis’s silence provided a peaceful escape from the bustling city.
Plural Possessive of Oasis
The plural possessive form of “Oasis” is “Oases'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Oasis:
- The travelers marveled at the different oases’ lush greenery.
- The oases’ pools of water attracted a wide variety of wildlife.
- The nomads sought refuge in the oases’ shade during their journey.
- The sight of the oases’ palm trees brought a sense of relief.
- We explored the beauty of the oases’ surrounding deserts.
- The researchers studied the ecosystems within the oases’ boundaries.
- The oases’ geological formations fascinated geologists.
- We encountered unique plants in each of the oases’ diverse landscapes.
- The oases’ water sources provided sustenance for local communities.
- The guides shared interesting facts about the history of the oases’ civilizations.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 04:39 am