Meaning: contest in which people compete with each other
Singular and Plural of Match
Match as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I watched a thrilling match between two soccer teams.
- She won the tennis match with a powerful serve.
- The chess match lasted for hours without a clear winner.
- He was the referee for the boxing match.
- The basketball match ended in a tie after overtime.
- We attended a cricket match at the stadium.
- The golf match was postponed due to bad weather.
- She scored the winning goal in the hockey match.
- They are organizing a table tennis match for charity.
- The tennis player received a trophy for her outstanding match performance.
Match as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They have won five consecutive matches in a row.
- The soccer team played two back-to-back matches this weekend.
- We need to analyze the statistics of the previous basketball matches.
- The team’s coach strategized before the upcoming cricket matches.
- The tennis players shook hands after the intense series of matches.
- The golfers competed in a series of high-stakes matches.
- He was selected as the MVP for his exceptional performance in the baseball matches.
- They have a winning streak of seven consecutive volleyball matches.
Singular Possessive of Match
The singular possessive form of “Match” is “Match’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Match:
- I found the match’s box in the drawer.
- The match’s flame flickered in the darkness.
- She admired the beauty of the match’s design.
- The cat’s paw swiped at the match’s flame.
- He struck the match’s head against the rough surface.
- The smoke curled up from the match’s burning tip.
- The child was fascinated by the match’s tiny size.
- The smell of sulfur lingered around the match’s end.
- The wind blew out the match’s feeble glow.
- We watched as the match’s light illuminated the room.
Plural Possessive of Match
The plural possessive form of “Match” is “Matches'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Match:
- The box contained several matches’ heads.
- She struck the matches’ tips against the box.
- The smell of the matches’ sulfur filled the air.
- They used the matches’ flames to light the candles.
- The child was careful not to touch the matches’ fire.
- The pile of matches’ boxes grew higher.
- We observed the matches’ flames dancing in the wind.
- The box was full of the matches’ wooden sticks.
- The extinguished matches’ ends were discarded in the bin.
- The sound of the matches’ striking echoed in the room.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 12:28 pm