Meaning: a competitor or team taking second place in a contest
Singular and Plural of Runner up
|runner up||runners up|
Runner up as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She was the runner up in the singing competition.
- The runner up received a silver medal.
- The judges announced the runner up with excitement.
- He was disappointed to be the runner up again.
- The audience applauded the talented runner up.
- She congratulated the deserving runner up on their achievement.
- The first-place winner congratulated the humble runner up.
- The title of runner up brought him recognition.
- Being the runner up didn’t discourage her from pursuing her dreams.
- The disappointed runner up gracefully accepted defeat.
Runner up as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The runners up received certificates of recognition.
- The judges awarded the talented runners up with trophies.
- The event recognized all the deserving runners up.
- Each of the runners up gave exceptional performances.
- The audience cheered for the dedicated runners up.
- The first-place winners congratulated the talented runners up.
- The title of runners up brought them pride and honor.
- The group photo captured all the enthusiastic runners up.
- The competition showcased the incredible skills of the runners up.
- The disappointed runners up vowed to improve for the next competition.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 12:56 pm