Meaning: a slow-moving typically herbivorous land reptile
Singular and Plural of Tortoise
Tortoise as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The ancient tortoise in the zoo was a crowd favorite.
- He carefully lifted the small tortoise and placed it back in its enclosure.
- The curious child observed the tortoise as it slowly walked across the sand.
- The tortoise retreated into its shell for protection.
- The biologist studied the behavior of the Galapagos tortoise.
- The pet tortoise enjoyed basking under the warm sunlight.
- The tortoise in the garden had a beautifully patterned shell.
- The zookeeper fed fresh vegetables to the hungry tortoise.
- The tortoise crawled at a leisurely pace, unfazed by its surroundings.
- The conservationists worked tirelessly to preserve the habitat of the endangered tortoise.
Tortoise as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The conservationists released several rehabilitated tortoises back into the wild.
- The sanctuary provided a safe haven for rescued tortoises.
- The visitors marveled at the diverse species of tortoises in the exhibit.
- The researchers conducted a study on the migratory patterns of sea tortoises.
- The breeding program aimed to increase the population of the endangered tortoises.
- The tortoiseshell pattern on the tortoises‘ shells was unique to each individual.
- The environmentalists campaigned for the protection of tortoises and their habitats.
- The tourists observed a group of giant tortoises in their natural habitat.
- The conservation project aimed to reintroduce captive-bred tortoises into the wild.
- The volunteers constructed a nesting site for the female tortoises to lay their eggs.
Singular Possessive of Tortoise
The singular possessive form of “Tortoise” is “Tortoise’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Tortoise:
- The conservationist protected the tortoise’s natural habitat.
- The pet owner provided a comfortable enclosure for the tortoise’s.
- The biologist studied the tortoise’s behavior in the wild.
- The zookeeper monitored the tortoise’s health and diet.
- The veterinarian examined the injured tortoise’s shell.
- The hiker came across a giant tortoise’s during a nature walk.
- The documentary showcased the life cycle of the Galapagos tortoise’s.
- The tortoise’s slow pace fascinated the onlookers.
- The artist created a sculpture inspired by the tortoise’s unique features.
- The researcher tagged the tortoise’s to track their movements.
Plural Possessive of Tortoise
The plural possessive form of “Tortoise” is “Tortoises'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Tortoise:
- The conservationists worked together to protect the Galapagos tortoises’ population.
- The zoo exhibited different species of tortoises’ in a dedicated enclosure.
- The researchers conducted a study on the mating habits of the giant tortoises’.
- The wildlife sanctuary provided a safe haven for rescued tortoises’.
- The breeding program aimed to increase the endangered tortoises’ numbers.
- The documentary highlighted the conservation efforts for African spurred tortoises’.
- The visitors observed the tortoises’ feeding behavior from a viewing platform.
- The educational program taught children about the lifecycle of tortoises’.
- The scientists collected data on the tortoises’ migratory patterns.
- The genetic study analyzed the variations among the different tortoises’ species.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 12:16 pm