Meaning: a fixation on or compulsive desire for someone.
Plural of Jones
Jones as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- Jones was the owner of the local bakery.
- The famous artist, Ms. Jones, held an exhibition.
- The author, Mrs. Jones, published a best-selling novel.
- Jones was known for his exceptional piano skills.
- The judge, Judge Jones, presided over the court case.
- The entrepreneur, Mr. Jones, founded a successful company.
- Jones was a respected professor at the university.
- The politician, Senator Jones, delivered a powerful speech.
- The detective, Detective Jones, solved the mysterious crime.
- Captain Jones led the expedition to uncharted territories.
Jones as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The Joneses were a prominent family in the community.
- The Joneses hosted an elegant dinner party at their mansion.
- The neighbors admired the beautiful garden of the Joneses.
- The Joneses donated generously to local charities.
- The Joneses were known for their extravagant lifestyle.
- The children of the Joneses attended prestigious schools.
- The Joneses traveled frequently to exotic destinations.
- The annual block party was organized by the Joneses.
- The community respected the philanthropy of the Joneses.
- The achievements of the Joneses were recognized in the local newspaper.
Singular Possessive of Jones
The singular possessive form of “Jones” is “Jones’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Jones:
- Jones’s car is parked outside.
- She borrowed Jones’s book for the weekend.
- Jones’s house is undergoing renovations.
- The responsibility falls on Jones’s shoulders.
- I met Jones’s dog at the park.
- The key to Jones’s office is missing.
- We attended Jones’s party last night.
- Jones’s opinion carries a lot of weight.
- The decision is in Jones’s hands.
- Can I use Jones’s laptop for a moment?
Plural Possessive of Jones
The plural possessive form of “Jones” is “Joneses'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Jones:
- I saw the Joneses’ new car in the driveway.
- The Joneses’ children are talented musicians.
- We were invited to the Joneses’ housewarming party.
- The painting belongs to the Joneses’ collection.
- The neighbors admired the Joneses’ garden.
- We attended the Joneses’ wedding anniversary celebration.
- The vacation was funded by the Joneses’ savings.
- The dispute involved the Joneses’ property line.
- The Joneses’ dog barks every morning.
- The charity event received a generous donation from the Joneses’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 09:14 pm