Meaning: a unit of linear measure equal to one twelfth.
Plural of Inch
Inch as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- She measured the box with an inch
- The worm grew an inch longer overnight.
- He only needs another inch to reach the goal.
- The tailor hemmed the dress by an inch.
- The painting was off-center by an inch.
- He cut the cake into one inch
- The gap between the boards was half an inch
- The fish was just an inch away from escaping.
- She took a step back, avoiding the inch-long spider.
- The snowfall accumulated up to 1 inch
Inch as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The cabinet handles are available in various inches.
- They walked for miles, covering several inches of ground.
- The fabric is sold by the inches.
- The tree branches extended outward by several inches.
- The room dimensions were measured in square inches.
- The carpenter needed six inches of wood for the project.
- He widened the gap by a few more inches.
- The pants were too long; she needed to remove a few inches.
- The bridge collapsed under the weight of several inches of snow.
- The sculpture was carved out of solid marble, spanning several inches.
Singular Possessive of Inch
The singular possessive form of “Inch” is “Inch’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Inch:
- The inch’s measurement was accurate.
- I need the inch’s exact location.
- We measured the length with the inch’s precision.
- The carpenter used the inch’s marking for accuracy.
- I can see the inch’s mark on the ruler.
- The tailor took the inch’s measurement for the dress.
- The engineer noted the inch’s dimension in the blueprint.
- Please indicate the inch’s position on the map.
- The doctor examined the wound with the inch’s precision.
- The teacher explained the inch’s concept in class.
Plural Possessive of Inch
The plural possessive form of “Inch” is “Inches'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Inch:
- The inches’ measurements were consistent.
- We marked the fabric with the inches’ units.
- The carpenters used the inches’ measurements for accuracy.
- The ruler had the inches’ markings.
- The tailor recorded the inches’ sizes for alterations.
- The engineers calculated the inches’ dimensions precisely.
- Please indicate the inches’ positions on the map.
- The recipe called for the inches’ lengths of ingredients.
- The builders cut the wood according to the inches’ specifications.
- The students estimated the area in square inches’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 08:50 pm