Meaning: a dead body, especially of a human being rather than an animal.
Plural of CORPSE
Corpse as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The corpse lay motionless on the cold ground.
- They found a decomposed corpse in the abandoned house.
- The detectives examined the murder corpse for evidence.
- The sight of the lifeless corpse sent shivers down my spine.
- The medical examiner performed an autopsy on the corpse.
- They held a funeral service for the deceased corpse.
- The grieving family identified the corpse at the morgue.
- The police discovered a hidden corpse in the basement.
- The cemetery is a resting place for countless corpses.
- The embalmer prepared the corpse for the viewing.
Corpse as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The morgue was filled with unidentified corpses.
- The war left behind countless unidentified corpses.
- The mass grave contained the remains of hundreds of corpses.
- The battlefield was littered with lifeless corpses.
- The survivors were haunted by the memory of the fallen corpses.
- The documentary showed the aftermath of a natural disaster, with corpses scattered everywhere.
- The forensic team worked tirelessly to identify the unidentified corpses.
- The corpses were given a proper burial ceremony.
- The war memorial honored the sacrifices of the fallen corpses.
- The news report showed graphic images of the corpses.
Singular Possessive of Corpse
The singular possessive form of “Corpse” is “Corpse’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Corpse:
- The detective examined the corpse’s wounds.
- The mortician prepared the corpse’s body for burial.
- Corpse’s pale complexion indicated death.
- The smell emanating from the corpse’s decay was overwhelming.
- The investigator analyzed the corpse’s clothing for evidence.
- The pathologist conducted an autopsy on the corpse’s remains.
- The police photographed the crime scene and the corpse’s position.
- The bereaved family arranged for the corpse’s funeral services.
- The coroner determined the cause of the corpse’s demise.
- Corpse’s expression showed a peaceful repose.
Plural Possessive of Corpse
The plural possessive form of “Corpse” is “Corpses'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Corpse:
- The detectives examined the crime scene and the corpses’ wounds.
- The morticians prepared the corpses’ bodies for burial.
- Corpses’ pale complexions indicated death.
- The smell emanating from the corpses’ decay was overwhelming.
- The investigators analyzed the corpses’ clothing for evidence.
- The pathologists conducted autopsies on the victims’ corpses’ remains.
- The police photographed the crime scenes and the corpses’ positions.
- The bereaved families arranged for the corpses’ funeral services.
- The coroners determined the causes of the corpses’ demise.
- Corpses’ expressions showed peaceful repose.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 12:18 pm