Meaning: device for measuring time.
Plural of CLOCK
Synonyms of CLOCK
Clock as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The old grandfather clock chimed loudly every hour.
- I glanced at the wall clock and realized I was late.
- The antique mantel clock was a family heirloom.
- The digital alarm clock woke me up every morning.
- The pendulum of the wall clock swung rhythmically.
- The cuckoo clock announced the hour with a cheerful chirp.
- The oversized wall clock served as a decorative centerpiece.
- The tower clock could be heard chiming throughout the town.
- The intricate design of the pocket clock fascinated collectors.
- The office clock ticked relentlessly, marking the passage of time.
Clock as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The antique clocks lined the shelves of the antique store.
- The collection included various styles of vintage clocks.
- The two large grandfather clocks dominated the hallway.
- The antique dealer showcased a variety of antique clocks.
- The precision of the Swiss-made clocks was renowned.
- The vintage alarm clocks were highly sought after by collectors.
- The antique auction featured a range of ornate mantel clocks.
- The antique shop specialized in restoring old mechanical clocks.
- The museum displayed a stunning exhibit of ancient sundial clocks.
- The street market offered a selection of handmade wooden clocks.
Singular Possessive of Clock
The singular possessive form of “Clock” is “Clock’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Clock:
- The clock’s hands were spinning rapidly.
- I noticed the clock’s ticking sound.
- The alarm went off on the clock’s face.
- The hands of the clock’s dial glowed.
- The batteries died in the clock’s mechanism.
- I set the alarm on the clock’s display.
- The pendulum swung on the clock’s wall.
- I adjusted the time on the clock’s dial.
- The chimes echoed from the clock’s tower.
- I checked the time on the clock’s hands.
Plural Possessive of Clock
The plural possessive form of “Clock” is “Clocks'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Clock:
- All the clocks’ hands were synchronized.
- The alarms went off on the clocks’ faces.
- I reset the times on the clocks’ dials.
- The batteries needed replacing in the clocks’ mechanisms.
- The chimes echoed from the clocks’ towers.
- I adjusted the alarms on the clocks’ displays.
- The pendulums swung in unison on the clocks’ walls.
- I glanced at the times on the clocks’ hands.
- The ticking sounds came from the various clocks’ mechanisms.
- I admired the craftsmanship of the antique clocks’ designs.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 07:46 pm