Meaning of Amount
The meaning Amount is a quantity of something, especially the total of a thing or things in number, size, value, or extent.
Singular and Plural of Amount
The plural of Amount is amounts.
Amount as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The amount of money he spent was excessive.
- She was surprised by the large amount of food on her plate.
- The store offers a wide amount of products.
- The amount of time required for the task was underestimated.
- The teacher was impressed by the amount of effort put into the project.
- The project required a significant amount of resources.
- The amount of support he received was overwhelming.
- The donation made a substantial amount of difference.
- She was pleased with the generous amount of compliments she received.
- The recipe called for a precise amount of ingredients.
Amount as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- They donated large amounts of money to charity.
- The company produced various amounts of products.
- The survey collected different amounts of data from participants.
- The budget accounted for different amounts of expenses.
- They were surprised by the vast amounts of information available.
- The campaign received significant amounts of support.
- The project required multiple amounts of funding.
- The store stocked various amounts of inventory.
- The amounts of rainfall varied across different regions.
- The article presented different amounts of evidence.
Singular Possessive of Amount
The singular possessive form of “Amount” is “Amount’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Amount:
- Please provide Amount’s details for the report.
- I am responsible for managing Amount’s distribution.
- The project’s success depends on Amount’s accuracy.
- We need to discuss Amount’s impact on the budget.
- The CEO was concerned about Amount’s decline.
- Amount’s value has increased significantly since last year.
- The team analyzed Amount’s fluctuations in the market.
- The investor is interested in Amount’s potential growth.
- We should prioritize optimizing Amount’s efficiency.
- Amount’s significance cannot be underestimated in this context.
Plural Possessive of Amount
The plural possessive form of “Amount” is “Amounts'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Amount:
- The financial statements reflect the Amounts’ distribution.
- The auditor reviewed the Amounts’ accuracy and consistency.
- We need to analyze the Amounts’ impact on the company’s finances.
- The investors were concerned about Amounts’ decline.
- The report compared Amounts’ performance across different markets.
- Amounts’ values have been fluctuating in recent months.
- The team discussed Amounts’ potential for growth.
- We should consider optimizing Amounts’ efficiency.
- The budget allocation depends on the Amounts’ importance.
- Amounts’ significance cannot be ignored in our decision-making.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 11:12 am