Meaning: a writ ordering any person to attend court.
Plural of Subpoena
Synonyms of Subpoena
Subpoena as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- He received a subpoena to appear in court as a witness.
- The lawyer served a subpoena to the key suspect.
- The judge issued a subpoena for the production of documents.
- The company’s CEO was served a subpoena in the ongoing investigation.
- The journalist was threatened with a subpoena if they didn’t reveal their sources.
- He sought legal advice upon receiving the subpoena.
- The attorney prepared the witnesses for the upcoming subpoena.
- The recipient of the subpoena was required to testify under oath.
- The court ordered the immediate compliance with the subpoena.
- The defendant’s lawyer filed a motion to quash the subpoena.
Subpoena as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The prosecutor issued multiple subpoenas to gather evidence.
- The law firm handled a large number of subpoenas for various cases.
- The investigation required the issuance of several subpoenas.
- The court clerk prepared the necessary paperwork for the subpoenas.
- The recipients of the subpoenas were required to appear in court.
- The defense attorney challenged the validity of the subpoenas.
- The company’s legal team reviewed the scope of the received subpoenas.
- The judge authorized the enforcement of the issued subpoenas.
- The witnesses were compelled to comply with the served subpoenas.
- The recipients of the subpoenas sought legal representation.
Singular Possessive of Subpoena
The singular possessive form of “Subpoena” is “Subpoena’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Subpoena:
- The subpoena’s purpose was to gather evidence.
- We need to comply with the subpoena’s requirements.
- The judge signed the subpoena’s authorization.
- The lawyer explained the subpoena’s significance in court.
- The recipient of the subpoena’s name was redacted.
- The company complied with the subpoena’s demands.
- The court examined the validity of the subpoena’s issuance.
- The defendant received the subpoena’s notification.
- The lawyer questioned the validity of the subpoena’s scope.
- The witness ignored the subpoena’s instructions.
Plural Possessive of Subpoena
The plural possessive form of “Subpoena” is “Subpoenas'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Subpoena:
- The subpoenas’ delivery was delayed due to weather.
- We reviewed all the subpoenas’ requirements.
- The judge signed multiple subpoenas’ authorizations.
- The lawyers discussed the implications of the subpoenas’ issuance.
- The recipients’ names on the subpoenas’ were confidential.
- The companies complied with the subpoenas’ demands.
- The court questioned the validity of the subpoenas’ scope.
- The defendants received the subpoenas’ notifications.
- The lawyers argued against the subpoenas’ validity.
- The witnesses were served with the subpoenas’ instructions.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 05:29 pm