Meaning: a small metal spike usually driven into wood
Singular and Plural of Nail
Nail as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- Be careful not to hit your finger with the nail.
- The carpenter used a hammer to drive the nail.
- She painted her toenails with a vibrant red nail.
- The broken nail caused her discomfort and pain.
- He carefully removed the old nail from the wood.
- The sharp nail protruded from the wooden plank.
- She adorned her finger with a sparkling diamond nail.
- The rusty nail posed a potential hazard.
- He fixed the loose floorboard with a sturdy nail.
- The carpenter chose a long, sturdy nail for the job.
Nail as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The box contained a variety of different-sized nails.
- The carpenter stocked up on different types of nails.
- She accidentally spilled the container of nails on the floor.
- The project required hundreds of small nails.
- They used a nail gun to quickly drive in the nails.
- The construction workers efficiently hammered the nails.
- He organized the nails by size and length.
- They carefully sorted the assortment of nails.
- The hardware store had a wide selection of nails.
- The toolbox was filled with various types of nails.
Singular Possessive of Nail
The singular possessive form of “Nail” is “Nail’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Nail:
- The nail’s sharp tip pierced the wood.
- I saw the nail’s rusty head sticking out.
- The carpenter used the nail’s point to mark the spot.
- Please remove the nail’s protruding end.
- The hammer struck the nail’s surface with force.
- The painting hung from the nail’s delicate hook.
- The wind caused the nail’s loose grip to falter.
- The picture frame cracked near the nail’s edge.
- The shelf collapsed under the weight of the nail’s burden.
- The pliers pulled out the nail’s stubborn remains.
Plural Possessive of Nail
The plural possessive form of “Nail” is “Nails'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Nail:
- The nails’ sharp tips pierced the wood.
- I saw the nails’ rusty heads sticking out.
- The carpenter used the nails’ points to mark the spots.
- Please remove the nails’ protruding ends.
- The hammers struck the nails’ surfaces with force.
- The paintings hung from the nails’ delicate hooks.
- The wind caused the nails’ loose grips to falter.
- The picture frames cracked near the nails’ edges.
- The shelves collapsed under the weight of the nails’ burden.
- The pliers pulled out the nails’ stubborn remains.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 04:10 am