Meaning: effort, job
Singular and Plural of Work
Work as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The diligent employee focused on completing her assigned work.
- The demanding project required long hours of focused work.
- The artist’s studio was filled with unfinished work in progress.
- The scientist conducted groundbreaking research in the field of her work.
- The professor received recognition for her published work in academia.
- The mechanic inspected the car and began the necessary work.
- The chef’s culinary work was admired by food critics worldwide.
- The poet poured her emotions into her latest work.
- The architect presented her innovative design for a public work.
- The lawyer prepared meticulously for the upcoming court work.
Work as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The team collaborated on multiple works to complete the project.
- The gallery displayed a collection of famous artists’ works.
- The library housed a vast collection of literary works.
- The museum showcased a retrospective of the artist’s life’s works.
- The historian analyzed the author’s body of works to understand their perspective.
- The composer’s symphonies were considered his greatest works.
- The academic conference discussed groundbreaking research works.
- The company recognized its employees’ outstanding works with awards.
- The art exhibition featured various works spanning different art movements.
- The anthology included a selection of the poet’s best works.
Singular Possessive of Work
The singular possessive form of “Work” is “Work’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Work:
- I need to complete work’s final report by tomorrow.
- She takes pride in work’s quality and efficiency.
- Work’s challenges often lead to personal growth.
- Work’s demands can sometimes be overwhelming.
- The deadline for work’s submission is approaching.
- Work’s purpose is to contribute to society.
- The team celebrated the success of work’s completion.
- Work’s fulfillment comes from making a difference.
- Work’s rewards are often more than just monetary.
- The presentation highlighted work’s significant achievements.
Plural Possessive of Work
The plural possessive form of “Work” is “Works'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Work:
- The artists’ collaboration resulted in impressive works’ exhibition.
- The gallery displayed various artists’ works’ styles.
- The museum showcased renowned painters’ works’ masterpieces.
- The library featured famous authors’ works’ literary contributions.
- The exhibition displayed local photographers’ works’ artistic visions.
- The concert highlighted different composers’ works’ compositions.
- The theater celebrated playwrights’ works’ theatrical brilliance.
- The festival displayed filmmakers’ works’ creative storytelling.
- The gallery hosted a collection of modern artists’ works’ interpretations.
- The retrospective celebrated the legacy of great sculptors’ works’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 11:09 am