Meaning: timber, plank
Singular and Plural of Wood
Wood as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The carpenter crafted a beautiful table from a solid piece of wood.
- The burning wood crackled in the fireplace, warming the room.
- The sculptor carved an intricate statue out of a block of wood.
- The old house had a charming wood-paneled interior.
- The smell of freshly cut wood filled the workshop.
- The furniture was made of high-quality mahogany wood.
- The floorboards creaked under the weight of the heavy wood.
- The violin had a rich and resonant sound due to its maple wood.
- The ancient shipwreck was preserved by the saltwater and petrified wood.
- The cabinet was constructed using reclaimed barn wood.
Wood as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The construction workers unloaded bundles of woods for the project.
- The carpenters sourced different types of woods for their designs.
- The loggers harvested sustainable woods from managed forests.
- The cabinetmakers carefully selected the finest exotic woods.
- The craftsmen polished the finished furniture pieces made of various woods.
- The artist used recycled pallet woods to create unique sculptures.
- The shelves were filled with books bound in leather and adorned with ornate woods.
- The floor was covered with interlocking woods to create a beautiful pattern.
- The company specialized in manufacturing custom-made furniture from reclaimed woods.
- The antique dealer had a collection of rare and valuable woods.
Singular Possessive of Wood
The singular possessive form of “Wood” is “Wood’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Wood:
- Wood’s bark was rough and weathered.
- The table was made from wood’s finest oak.
- She admired the beauty of wood’s natural grain.
- Wood’s durability makes it an ideal building material.
- The carpenter carefully crafted wood’s intricate details.
- The craftsman polished wood’s surface to a smooth shine.
- The cabin’s walls were adorned with wood’s warm tones.
- The scent of wood’s fresh pine filled the room.
- Wood’s versatility allows for various artistic creations.
- The fireplace crackled and popped, radiating wood’s cozy warmth.
Plural Possessive of Wood
The plural possessive form of “Wood” is “Woods'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Wood:
- The tables were built from reclaimed woods’ diverse species.
- The sculptures showcased the beauty of different woods’ textures.
- The carpenter sourced various woods’ colors for the project.
- The shelves displayed a collection of woods’ unique grains.
- The cabinetry featured woods’ natural patterns.
- The floors were made from reclaimed woods’ rich history.
- The craftsman carefully combined the woods’ contrasting hues.
- The aroma of different woods’ filled the workshop.
- The deck was constructed using sustainable woods’ resources.
- The carvings highlighted the elegance of exotic woods’.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 11:09 am