Meaning: a dictionary or encyclopedia
Singular and Plural of Thesaurus
Thesaurus as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I need a thesaurus to find synonyms quickly.
- The thesaurus is a valuable tool for writers.
- Can you lend me your thesaurus for a moment?
- The thesaurus provides alternative words and phrases.
- She consulted the thesaurus to improve her vocabulary.
- The thesaurus helped him find the perfect word.
- My English teacher recommended using a thesaurus.
- I always keep a thesaurus handy while writing.
- The online thesaurus offers a wide range of options.
- The new edition of the thesaurus is comprehensive.
Thesaurus as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The thesauri in the library cover various languages.
- Many writers rely on multiple thesauri for inspiration.
- The editor referenced several thesauri during the editing process.
- The collection of thesauri is extensive and diverse.
- She used different thesauri to enrich her writing.
- The shelves were filled with numerous thesauri.
- He compared the information from different thesauri.
- The linguistic department has a wide selection of thesauri.
- The academic library houses numerous specialized thesauri.
- The researchers consulted various thesauri for their study.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 10th, 2023 at 10:56 am