Meaning of Asterisk
The meaning of ASTERISK is: a symbol (*) used to mark printed or written text, typically as a reference to an annotation or to stand for omitted matter.
Singular and Plural of Asterisk
The plural of Asterisk is asterisks.
Asterisk as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- Please indicate your name with an asterisk on the form.
- The footnote was marked with an asterisk.
- The teacher used an asterisk to denote important information.
- The typo in the document was corrected with an asterisk.
- The symbol asterisk (*) represents multiplication in mathematics.
- The asterisk drew attention to the exception in the rule.
- The sign next to the item indicated it was on sale, marked with an asterisk.
- The book referenced additional information in the appendix, marked with an asterisk.
- The professor emphasized the importance of a specific concept with an asterisk.
- The conference schedule had time slots marked with an asterisk for keynote speakers.
Asterisk as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The text included several asterisks to highlight key points.
- The policy had exceptions that were noted with asterisks.
- The table had multiple entries with asterisks indicating footnotes.
- The document required the signature of all parties involved, marked with asterisks.
- The company’s terms and conditions had specific clauses denoted by asterisks.
- The citation list had references to additional sources, marked with asterisks.
- The report contained footnotes and annotations, denoted by asterisks.
- The editor reviewed the manuscript, adding asterisks for suggested revisions.
- The contract had sections with additional details, indicated by asterisks.
- The presentation slides had important notes highlighted with asterisks.
Singular Possessive of Asterisk
The singular possessive form of “Asterisk” is “Asterisk’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Asterisk:
- The meaning of the sentence changed after adding asterisk’s.
- Please indicate asterisk’s placement for clarity.
- The importance of asterisk’s role in grammar cannot be overlooked.
- The text contains asterisk’s denoting footnotes.
- Asterisk’s usage should be consistent throughout the document.
- The writer used asterisk’s to mark additional information.
- Asterisk’s purpose is to highlight important points.
- It is essential to understand asterisk’s function in mathematical notation.
- The legal document included asterisk’s for references.
- Asterisk’s presence indicates a footnote or an explanation.
Plural Possessive of Asterisk
The plural possessive form of “Asterisk” is “Asterisks'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Asterisk:
- The document contained multiple asterisks’ for emphasis.
- Please pay attention to the asterisks’ placement in the text.
- Asterisks’ purpose is to draw attention to important information.
- The manuscript used asterisks’ to mark alternative interpretations.
- The report included asterisks’ denoting statistical significance.
- It is important to be consistent with asterisks’ usage.
- Asterisks’ significance varies depending on the context.
- The document had several asterisks’ indicating further details.
- The table’s footnotes were marked with asterisks’.
- The formatting guidelines mentioned asterisks’ for footnotes.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 02:17 pm