Meaning: the degree or intensity of heat
Plural of Temperature
Synonyms of Temperature
- turning upside down
- turning about
Temperature as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- The temperature outside was scorching hot.
- The nurse checked my temperature with a thermometer.
- I adjusted the thermostat to increase the room temperature.
- The temperature dropped significantly during the night.
- The meteorologist predicted a sudden rise in temperature.
- The doctor advised me to monitor my body temperature.
- I felt a chill as the temperature
- The weather app displayed the current temperature.
- I prefer to swim when the water temperature is warm.
- The heatwave caused the temperature to soar.
Temperature as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The temperatures in the desert can reach extreme levels.
- The scientists recorded daily temperatures for research purposes.
- The climate change led to fluctuating temperatures.
- The report analyzed the average annual temperatures.
- The heat index combines temperature and humidity to calculate human discomfort.
- The farmers monitored the soil temperatures for crop growth.
- The temperatures during winter can drop below freezing.
- The study focused on the rising ocean temperatures.
- The temperatures vary greatly between day and night in the desert.
- The app provides hourly updates on local temperatures.
Singular Possessive of Temperature
The singular possessive form of “Temperature” is “Temperature’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Temperature:
- The temperature’s sudden drop caught us off guard.
- I monitored the temperature’s fluctuations throughout the day.
- The scientist measured the temperature’s impact on the experiment.
- The weather report predicted a rise in the temperature’s tomorrow.
- The patient’s condition worsened due to the temperature’s effect.
- The temperature’s rise caused the ice to melt quickly.
- The thermometer displayed the temperature’s accurate reading.
- The temperature’s drop signaled the arrival of winter.
- The oven’s heat affected the temperature’s distribution in the kitchen.
- The temperature’s sensitivity affected the chemical reaction.
Plural Possessive of Temperature
The plural possessive form of “Temperature” is “Temperatures’.”
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Temperature:
- The weather forecast compared the temperatures’ highs and lows.
- The data analysis revealed the temperatures’ patterns over the month.
- The temperatures’ fluctuations affected the crop yield.
- The researchers studied the temperatures’ long-term trends.
- The HVAC system regulated the temperatures’ comfort levels.
- The temperatures’ extremes posed a risk to human health.
- The charts displayed the temperatures’ monthly averages.
- The climate change debate focused on the temperatures’ global impact.
- The store’s thermostat controlled the temperatures’ settings.
- The experiment analyzed the temperatures’ influence on the reaction rate.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 09:07 pm