Meaning: a garment for the foot and lower part of the leg
Plural of Sock
Synonyms of Sock
- bobby socks
Sock as a Singular Noun in Example Sentences:
- I need to find a matching sock for this pair.
- His warm woolen sock kept his feet cozy.
- She accidentally wore mismatched socks to work.
- The dryer seems to always eat one sock.
- The colorful striped sock added a pop of color to her outfit.
- The athlete wore compression socks to improve circulation.
- The cold floor sent a shiver through her bare sock.
- The cozy cabin slippers felt like a warm hug for her sock.
- He absentmindedly wore a sock with a hole in it.
- She pulled up her knee-high sock before heading out.
Sock as a Plural Noun in Example Sentences:
- The drawer is full of mismatched socks.
- She sorted the clean laundry into pairs of matching socks.
- The children giggled as they slid on the hardwood floor in their socks.
- The package contained three pairs of colorful patterned socks.
- The hiker packed extra pairs of hiking socks for the trip.
- She folded the freshly laundered socks and placed them in the drawer.
- The basket was filled with clean, neatly folded socks.
- The athlete wore moisture-wicking socks for better performance.
- She donated her old, gently worn socks to a homeless shelter.
- The store offered a variety of men’s and women’s socks.
Singular Possessive of Sock
The singular possessive form of “Sock” is “Sock’s”.
Examples of Singular Possessive Form of Sock
- I found the sock’s missing pair under the bed.
- The dog chewed on the sock’s toe.
- Sarah borrowed her sister’s sock’s color.
- The dryer shrunk the sock’s size.
- Please don’t stretch the sock’s elastic.
- The smell from the sock’s sweat was unpleasant.
- I noticed a hole in the sock’s heel.
- Can you mend the sock’s torn seam?
- The washing machine tangled the sock’s threads.
- The sock’s pattern is striped and colorful.
Plural Possessive of Sock
The plural possessive form of “Sock” is “Socks'”.
Examples of Plural Possessive Form of Sock
- The drawer was filled with socks’ mismatched pairs.
- The cat played with the socks’ dangling strings.
- I need to mend the socks’ holes and tears.
- The laundry basket was overflowing with socks’ variety.
- I donated all my old socks’ styles to charity.
- The dryer always separates the socks’ fabric types.
- Please sort the socks’ sizes before folding them.
- The dog buried some of the socks’ dirty mates.
- Can you help me find the socks’ missing counterparts?
- The hamper is full of the family’s socks’ collection.
Explore Related Nouns:
Last updated on June 8th, 2023 at 07:36 pm